Method to clear custom filters?

hstamas

Spaceboy

also - as asked before - please change the year order to largest to smallest. every time i have to scroll through over 100 years to get to 2022 which is my most wanted filter

16 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

also - as asked before - please change the year order to largest to smallest. every time i have to scroll through over 100 years to get to 2022 which is my most wanted filter

Yup, makes sense. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
swallman
On 10/2/2022 at 4:22 AM, Roodee said:

I am very much for this!  I have trouble finding the option to clear the filters.  I've illustrated my idea before checking if it was already here, so here it goes:

emby-clear-all-filters.png.89d22e1bfcf0f51c0e13af58880e8cfc.png

Thanks!

YES PLEASE!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
slicedmass

Out of curiosity are the currently set filters saved in the app itself or on the server (like in the database or a config file)?

Ultimately I would really like a server option to clear filters when the app is closed and reopened.

HI, yes a quick button to clear filters is planned for future updates. Thanks.

swallman

As someone who has worked on other large development projects, sometimes it might be worth having someone take a step back and tackle some of these sorts of items.  They appear to be what we called "low hanging fruit"...I'm sure you're working on much larger aspects but just getting a number of small items resolved would really go a long way to making more customers happy I would think?

Just from the sounds of this one, the functionality/code is there already - it just doesn't show up in the right place.  I wouldn't think it would take much to get it taken care of?

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

The upcoming 4.8 server release will have this in the web app.

Many of our existing apps have already gotten updates adding this, and all of them will be getting it. Thanks.