Video Logs Me Out

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Misinthe

Hi everyone, so I have this problem with a new TV Show, there's a few episodes that when I start playing them, after 4 seconds they will kick me out to the Sign In page of the App.

I am using an LG SmartTV with the latest update (Done Friday), I snatched the info for 2 episodes that give me this problem and 2 episodes that work fine, also got the Server Logs.

Thank you.

Work.txt

Don't Work.txt

Logs.txt

Misinthe

Hi, instead of signing in, if you restart the app, are you logged back in?

No, I have the Remember Me off so my son can't get into my account that has a password. I don't know why those episodes would make the App restart though.

• 2 weeks later...
Misinthe

Can you please try uninstalling the app, power cycle the TV, then reinstall the app?

Your issue is not exactly the same as this https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/73622-enter-server-information-every-time/&do=findComment&comment=742764 but similar enough that it might resolve your issue.

So I tried this and it didn't work. Slight difference though, instead of kicking me to the sign in page, it is sending me to my user home screen.

SamES

OK, well let's call that progress.  Now, does the same file always fail on playback, or does it work if you try the same file again?

Can you please PM me a link to one of the files that fails consistently so that I can test it and see what's going on?  Thanks.

Misinthe

OK, well let's call that progress.  Now, does the same file always fail on playback, or does it work if you try the same file again?

Can you please PM me a link to one of the files that fails consistently so that I can test it and see what's going on?  Thanks.

Yes, it is always the same ones that keep failing, and I can tell because in the thumbnails in the menu, it doesn't show a picture but instead it's blurred out, like old static in a TV.

I'll gladly share it with you, is there a file share system that you prefer or recommend?

SamES

Dropbox, onedrive, googledrive.  Anything that you have some online storage on, just send me a link to the file.  I'll let you know when I've downloaded it and you can delete it after that

Misinthe

Dropbox, onedrive, googledrive.  Anything that you have some online storage on, just send me a link to the file.  I'll let you know when I've downloaded it and you can delete it after that

I sent it to you.

Thank you!

• Solution
SamES

I sent it to you.

Thank you!

That file is playing fine for me, but I think I know what's going on.

Are you playing it with subtitles?  Please try turning the subtitles off from the details screen then try playing again.

There is an issue with the current release causing files with ASS subs to fail just after playback starts, then the file tries to transcode.

I'm interested that you say the thumbnail image is not correct.

I'm suspecting that the metadata for this file is screwed up which is probably also causing you some issues, but I could be wrong.

Find the Episode on the server, then from the '...' menu on the details page select 'Refresh Metadata', then select 'Replace all Metadata' and tick the box to 'Replace all images'

Give it a minute to complete, then refresh the page.  Try playing it again from the TV.

Does the thumbnail image look right now?  Does it play correctly?

There should be a new version soon that fixes the ASS subs issue.

One last question, in the user settings on the server, do you have all these options turned on?

5d4c10e78003c_capture.png

• Like 1

Misinthe

That file is playing fine for me, but I think I know what's going on.

Are you playing it with subtitles?  Please try turning the subtitles off from the details screen then try playing again.

There is an issue with the current release causing files with ASS subs to fail just after playback starts, then the file tries to transcode.

I'm interested that you say the thumbnail image is not correct.

I'm suspecting that the metadata for this file is screwed up which is probably also causing you some issues, but I could be wrong.

Find the Episode on the server, then from the '...' menu on the details page select 'Refresh Metadata', then select 'Replace all Metadata' and tick the box to 'Replace all images'

Give it a minute to complete, then refresh the page.  Try playing it again from the TV.

Does the thumbnail image look right now?  Does it play correctly?

There should be a new version soon that fixes the ASS subs issue.

One last question, in the user settings on the server, do you have all these options turned on?

5d4c10e78003c_capture.png

It does play without the subtitles, I'll play them like that until the new version comes out.

After updating the metadata, the images worked properly, I don't know why it wasn't being recognized since the begining.

And lastly, yes, I have all those checked in the User Settings.

One quick question, are you working on the "next chapter" button for the LG TV? I really need that one haha, specially when watching anime that have long endings and post credit teases for next chapter, I have to skip a lot.

Thank you for all your help!

SamES

Thanks for the feedback, looks like we got to the bottom of that.  It should really be transcoding if you do enable subs (rather then kicking you out).

i'm just wondering now that you've updated the metadata, does it play now with subs?  It should start playback, then after a very short time pause, then restart with transcoding.

Unfortunately the "next chapter" button is something that Luke would have to provide feedback on as that is a core app feature.  I think on LG if you use Channel Up/Down on the remote during playback it might actually skip chapters?  Try that and see if it works.  I'm not really sure to be honest.

Misinthe

Thanks for the feedback, looks like we got to the bottom of that. It should really be transcoding if you do enable subs (rather then kicking you out).

i'm just wondering now that you've updated the metadata, does it play now with subs? It should start playback, then after a very short time pause, then restart with transcoding.

Unfortunately the "next chapter" button is something that Luke would have to provide feedback on as that is a core app feature. I think on LG if you use Channel Up/Down on the remote during playback it might actually skip chapters? Try that and see if it works. I'm not really sure to be honest.

There was no change after updating the Metadata.

I will try the channel up button, thank you!