Anyone know where the Emby package is in Synology?

Jamr

Thanks for the tip, Unfortunately it is still not showing up.

I even tried logging into another account on the server and still nothing under "Emby" is showing up, including under the "Multimedia" catagory.

Edited by Jamr

I am not sure what that means.

Your link takes me to a page that says only "Repository Online! 

172.222.249.212 "

@@Jamr,

Did you follow the installation instructions on our website?

https://emby.media/download.html

Hi Luke. Thanks for replying. As I said in the firs post, I followed the instructions linked which are for Synology.

I checked again today, No Emby anywhere.

You guys might ant to check yourselves to make sure you are available to Synology customers because as of yesterday with no way to download your server package from your web site, you did not exist to Synology customers.

Hi Luke. Thanks for replying. As I said in the firs post, I followed the instructions linked which are for Synology.

I checked again today, No Emby anywhere.

You guys might ant to check yourselves to make sure you are available to Synology customers because as of yesterday with no way to download your server package from your web site, you did not exist to Synology customers.

What process did you follow? Thanks.

Dystaxia

I just checked. It’s there and available.

What type of Synology do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a DS918+

Here are the packages available from Synology's web site.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/dsm/packages?group=All&search=Emby

Here is their MM packages.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/dsm/packages?group=Multimedia&search=

Again no sign of Emby.

Here is what I see from my package center.

5d3f70cc91ac9_Captureee.png

And in their MM section.

5d3f70fbc7399_EmbySynology.png

Again, no Emby.

If you see it somewhere, or I am doing something stupid, please let me know.

Thanks.

Dystaxia

I use a DS918+

Here are the packages available from Synology's web site.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/dsm/packages?group=All&search=Emby

Here is their MM packages.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/dsm/packages?group=Multimedia&search=

Again no sign of Emby.

Here is what I see from my package center.

And in their MM section.

Again, no Emby.

If you see it somewhere, or I am doing something stupid, please let me know.

Thanks.

You clearly have NOT added the community as per the directions, hence the reason why you cannot see the file.  Have a look at mine and notice on the left I have three options and you only have two?

5d3f72d361541_ScreenShot20190729at52541P

You are right.

Unfortunately the directions are not clear on how to add whatever it is.

"1) The first thing you need to do is add the Emby repository to Package Center's settings."

How do you do this?

After clicking "Add" it asks for a name and a location. With no clear directions on where to get this information, adding Emby is not as easy as adding Plex was. Download, look and hit enter.

I could see that if you have some limitation on Emby vs Plex that copying some text and placing it in the box might be doable bit it is not even that easy as the example in the instructions is an image instead of easily copied text.

As I have read you instructions and wasted some time here since yesterday, I still do not see how to try Emby and am ready to stick with Plex.

Just curious as to why you would want potential customers to not know you exist or see you in the package center in the first place?

I am sure you are not getting as many customers as you should with the way you are doing things now. It seems weird as to why you would make people jump through more hoops than they need to to try Emby.

So again, How do I "Add" Emby?

Dystaxia

I don't speak for management, or Emby for that matter, I'm just a fellow Synology/Emby User;

You should probably just stick with Plex.

Good Luck!

I figured it out.

If you are going to make it this difficult for paying customers, please take this as feedback.

• Get supported by Synology and thus seen in their package center and their web site as a supported add on.
  • Put some copyable text and show where to add that text in your instructions.
  • Put the latest server package on your web site because the packages on the package center are usually very old and several versions behind the latest versionsby 3rd parties.
  • Speed up your download. Wow it has been 15 minutes and only 35% downloaded.
  • Get some Emby employees to work with support on your forums. if you let customers cop an attitude with other potential customers you will lose business.
  • Be truthful with potential customers. If someone had said from minute one that Emby is not supported by Synology, I would have not minded it but it seems that everyone including system architects tried to hide this fact. That is worrysome.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Jamr

Too cool for school huh?....lol

Love the attitudes on these forums. Seems maybe I should stick with Plex.

Edited by Jamr

I apologize for the difficulty. We will look at improving the instructions. Thanks.

CChris

yes, I agree, Emby COULD be supported directly as official "Application" in the Synology PackageCenter.
But, I don't know the requirements that Synology is requesting for an application to be added here.

I do not agree, that the Instruction is not clear on how to do this.
There's a BIG Screenshot, which is showing, what exactly you need to add for adding the community repository to the PackageCenter of Synology.
And I don't really understand the need of a copyable text for "https://synology.emby.media"
It shouldn't be hard to keep this URL in mind while switching from the emby download-page back to your Synology packagecenter setup...

How to get there?
Well - that's more an issue of Synology, since these steps can change from DSM Version to DSM Version.

- Make your Downloads faster:
I never had such a slow Download, and I have installed emby on two Synology NAS devices... maybe, something with your Bandwith?

• Like 1