a Plex like UNMATCH button : )

jaquestati

jaquestati

i have thousands of obscure things... lots of shorts, things not on imdb, alternate versions of things etc..
and every time i have to move and redo my setup/re-import everything i have to spend days identifying things in my movie library... but there is no real way to do it... have to manually add an image and name etc...

with plex i can just click one button UNMATCH and it removes the usually misidentified match/metadata and replaces it with the thumbnail and filename.

just finding the mismatched items that aren't on imdb is a full days work ; ) : (

i'd kill for an unmatch button : )

• Like 16
  • Agree 2

Hi, yes this is possible, but in the meantime can't you also just use identify and match it to something else?

jaquestati

Hi, yes this is possible, but in the meantime can't you also just use identify and match it to something else?

the problem is there is nothing to match them to.... they are mostly shorts, art films and obscurities not on imdb.... 

blade005

the problem is there is nothing to match them to.... they are mostly shorts, art films and obscurities not on imdb.... 

Do you save NFO files in media folders? I understand you would prefer an UNMATCH option, but if you created an NFO file with custom information and save it with the media that would move if you changed your setup or even created a new install. It would still be a lot of work one time to create based on the number you stated above. Just a thought.

This would require us to rename identify to match, or come up with a new term for unmatch that fits with identify.

• Like 1

This would require us to rename identify to match, or come up with a new term for unmatch that fits with identify.

Or, perhaps, in the Identify dialog, there could just be a button for "Remove Current Identification"...?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been suffering from the same issue over the last couple of days so this would definitely be a useful tweak as it's a PITA to delete all the data from  mismatched titles.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
Liquidbings

+1

If your not looking to rename it could possibly add button for "remove ID" or remove identify (identification)" maybe? Just ideas and thank you kindly

crusher11

I have a library of Ring of Honor Wrestling events. Only two of them have database entries. Four others matched to random things with similar names.

Without an unmatch button this is going to be a massive pain to deal with.

I have a library of Ring of Honor Wrestling events. Only two of them have database entries. Four others matched to random things with similar names.

Without an unmatch button this is going to be a massive pain to deal with.

Can't you just edit the four items' metadata and lock them?  Isn't that exactly what you'd need to do if there were an "unmatch" button?

crusher11

If there were an unmatch button it would reset metadata and images to an unmatched state, meaning I wouldn't have to manually remove everything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
visproduction

What about adding  some parameter value to the end of a title or in the sort by code for the dbase?  '-u' for example. Then set the code to watch for that and turn off all matching options.  It seems like a hack, but you avoid adding a new field to the dbase and all the code update around that.  You could also remove the code from appearing in the sort by field and instead put a checkbox  that could be turned on and off, based on the '-u' at the end of the sort by.  To the user it would seem like a full featured option, check a box or not.  In the back end you get the functionality without adding a dbase field. 

I think someone will complain it is not best practice, but wouldn't the code work and be able to easily pass on to future updates?  You are just running some .js type reg expression on sortby, end of field, data.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...