Autoplay Next Episode Not Working in Roku App

Shikago Shogun

markg22

Got it, sorry didn't even realize there was a beta for Roku also.  I have installed it and ...

The beta 4.0.14 DOES appear to have fixed the loading issue on next episodes and playlists!!!  I have also noticed that fast forward and rewind on recorded shows is much faster to resume.  The live tv does seem to be doing better as far as exiting a live tv show with the Roku 'home' button, after about 2 minutes the stream does drop which should resolve the never ending transcoding I have been dealing with on dirty exits.

When do you think this beta will go public?

11 hours ago, markg22 said:

When do you think this beta will go public?

Hi.  Hopefully not too much longer.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
gjames50

I've got an issue with the Auto Play Next Episode on Roku App with specific conditions and transcoding. 

Version 4.7.11.0 Emby Server
ROKU APP (latest version non-Beta as of 3-18-2023)
H.264 (AVC) Transcoding via NVENC using an Nvidia P2000 (also appears to happen using QuickSync sometimes - but this is slow on my server)
MKV episodes (Stargate SG1)

The last condition is I have to watch the episode entirely through (no fast forwarding) to the end; then it will end on a black screen. It does not play the next episode or return to the Emby episode page.

If I try testing by fast-forwarding, then go toward the end and play it through, the next episode will auto-play, which makes diagnosing this a P.I.T.A.

My issue has been going on for over a year now. I had been using a 1050 Ti prior and though moving to the P2000 would resolve my issue; sadly it has not.

Has anyone run into this and knows how to fix it? 

Thank you.

josevh

Not sure about your issue but the symptoms are similar.

Since you've revived the thread I'll comment that this issue reappeared for me around two months ago. There may have been a regression recently.

9 hours ago, gjames50 said:

I've got an issue with the Auto Play Next Episode on Roku App with specific conditions and transcoding. 

Version 4.7.11.0 Emby Server
ROKU APP (latest version non-Beta as of 3-18-2023)
H.264 (AVC) Transcoding via NVENC using an Nvidia P2000 (also appears to happen using QuickSync sometimes - but this is slow on my server)
MKV episodes (Stargate SG1)

The last condition is I have to watch the episode entirely through (no fast forwarding) to the end; then it will end on a black screen. It does not play the next episode or return to the Emby episode page.

If I try testing by fast-forwarding, then go toward the end and play it through, the next episode will auto-play, which makes diagnosing this a P.I.T.A.

My issue has been going on for over a year now. I had been using a 1050 Ti prior and though moving to the P2000 would resolve my issue; sadly it has not.

Has anyone run into this and knows how to fix it? 

Thank you.

The next beta should correct this.  It actually isn't related to the auto-play feature.  That just exposes the issue.

• Like 1