New Plugin: Simkl Scrobbler

DSinapellido

Hello @DSinapellido

How is the project? still active?

when I log in, everything is correct, but soon after I have lost the loging

I use the beta version 4.3.0.19

@@Luke this project are you going to include in the catalog?

Edited by saed

• 2 months later...
CyberManX

I tried using Trakt and didn't really care for it. In searching for alternatives, I came across SIMKL. So far I prefer it mainly because I can earn Pro status/perks just by using the site for 20 days, the filtering and such is free right out of the gate, and that I can mark stuff as Not Interesting vs Hiding.

I have been using this plugin for a few days now and it works great. It would be nice to have it added to the catalog.

Also, any chance it will be possible to show my personal ratings as well as rate from within Emby in the future via the plugin or is that something that Emby won't allow plugins to do?

Thank you for you test, I think it's possible to add ratings later. You can left an issue with label "enhancement" on git to speed up the development

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
MRobi

I've recently found simkl and love the interface compared to trakt. I Find it cleaner and easier to use.

Happy to see a plugin is available for it.

One thing this plugin is missing is the ability to sync the entire library with simkl. It's great that it can track moving forward but I'm not seeing an easy way to import the past 5 years of data.

samuelqwe

I've recently found simkl and love the interface compared to trakt. I Find it cleaner and easier to use.

Happy to see a plugin is available for it.

One thing this plugin is missing is the ability to sync the entire library with simkl. It's great that it can track moving forward but I'm not seeing an easy way to import the past 5 years of data.

If you’ve been using Trakt you can import that data into SIMKL and then keep going from there.

You can do so here:

https://simkl.com/apps/import/trakt/

MRobi

If you’ve been using Trakt you can import that data into SIMKL and then keep going from there.

You can do so here:

https://simkl.com/apps/import/trakt/

Thanks for that!

It would still be a feature I'd love to see at some point. My biggest use for trakt is to keep all of my servers in sync. I run an Emby stable server, Emby beta and Plex server. I run the sync task of the trakt plugin hourly to keep watched status in sync between all of them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Menz01

Not sure what i am doing wrong but i can't get the plugin configured. i created a simkl account, and came back to Emby and installed the plugin. i click on the settings  and choose my Emby username and click login and i get a message at the bottom of the screen that says "some error occurred, see browser log for more details"

***UPDATE*** just got it to configure. nevermind

Edited by Menz01

• 1 month later...
CyberManX

I continue to use SIMKL and its been working great for the most part. One issue I continue to experience from time to time, is that the it will say I've watched a show that I haven't. What identifier is it using to associate on SIMKL so I can see if its an issue on my end, the app, or SIMKL site?

A prime example is the TV show, The Blacklist. I'm watching:

https://simkl.com/tv/34372/the-blacklist

But it keeps marking it as Blacklist:

https://simkl.com/tv/1016908/blacklist

Thanks for your time...

CyberManX

Emby identifies it correctly. The metadata IDs are:

IMDB: tt2741602

TVDB: 266189

TheMovieDB: 46952

Ichika

Seems like your player sends metadata without these ids, and we detect it via filename
could you enable logs in the settings menu of the server, watch something(or just skip forward to 90%) and DM me with every line contains "Simkl Scrobbler" words in the log?

+ I've added some rules to file detection engine, it should detect the Blacklist fine now

CyberManX

Sorry for the delay in response. I tested it again and same problem. Here are the logs:

2020-06-11 23:19:01.692 Info Simkl Scrobbler: Trying to scrobble Les Fleurs du Mal (88998) for CyberManX (f7e996c1218d439da4e064780f2dbf15) - M:\TV\B\The Blacklist\Season 7\The Blacklist - S07E03 - Les Fleurs du Mal.mp4 on 2c715b3d06b34f55b2069fbd4c9144d0
2020-06-11 23:19:01.692 Info Simkl Scrobbler: Syncing History: {"movies":[],"shows":[{"title":"The Blacklist","year":2019,"seasons":[{"number":7,"episodes":[{"number":3}]}],"ids":{"tvdb":7372892,"imdb":"tt10799662"}}],"episodes":[]}
2020-06-11 23:19:01.870 Info HttpClient: Http response 201 from https://api.simkl.com/sync/history after 178ms. HeadersServer=nginx, Date=Fri, 12 Jun 2020 03:19:03 GMT, Connection=keep-alive, Keep-Alive=timeout=300, Access-Control-Allow-Origin=*, Access-Control-Allow-Methods=GET,PUT,POST,DELETE,OPTIONS, Access-Control-Allow-Headers=*, Strict-Transport-Security=max-age=0

It still tries to identify it as https://simkl.com/tv/1016908/blacklist instead of https://simkl.com/tv/34372/the-blacklist.

Ennergizer

It looks like it's sending IDs of episodes, and not tv shows, which are incorrect and treats them as "not found". So it tries to detect by show title + year (the year for blacklist should be 2013, not 2019) and uses the latest tv show with this name to sync. Do you remember if you have anything configured to use episode IDs in some settings?

What additional plugins do you have installed

Edited by Ennergizer

CyberManX

I checked under the Library and the SIMKL Plugin settings, but didn't see anything that would let me use episode IDs, etc. I attached the current TV Library settings as requested.

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

4.gif

Ichika

I think if you'll uncheck the metadata for episode from TVDB checkbox it should work fine. Why it sends episode info instead of serie we are still investigating 

CyberManX

I'll just leave it as is for now and fix manually as I go (unless you need me to test it). However, if SIMKL doesn't use episode IDs and relies on the overall TV show IDs to make matches for tracking, then the SIMKL plugin should be grabbing from the TV show ID instead of the episode ID. Or is it an Emby issue where Emby is only making available the lowest tier in the hierarchy of metadata IDs? I have several shows where this is becoming more and more of an issue, especially old shows like Knight Rider, Little House on the Prairie, etc. The SIMKL Scrobbler comes up with some crazy matches because of it. Anyway, thanks for your time and hopefully it gets resolved.

Edited by CyberManX

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
seriosbrad

Also having issues with some shows, One Tree Hill, and Skins.  Simkl is scrolling a different show for each episode, this ends up scrobbling to Simkl up to 10+ different shows for one TV show, just depends how many episodes are in a season.  There's nothing wrong with the metadata, all the shows ID's match that of the shows on the corresponding websites (imdb, tvdb, tmdb).

Trakt.tv isn't having this issue.

Edited by seriosbrad

• 8 months later...
CyberManX

Any plan to resolve the issue as reported in previous comment? Another example is the show "FBI (2018)" and SIMKL addon matches it with the show "The F.B.I. (1965)".

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, CyberManX said:

Any plan to resolve the issue as reported in previous comment? Another example is the show "FBI (2018)" and SIMKL addon matches it with the show "The F.B.I. (1965)".

Just to add to the above, would it be possible to scrobble using TMDB/TVDB ID rather than (what I presume is) by filename?

I am seeing the same issue with The Boys (2019) matching with some other show named Boys.