New Plugin: Simkl Scrobbler

DSinapellido

DSinapellido

5d3c8fc094dd9_simkl_sqaure_black_bg_whit

Automatically set movies and TV Shows/Animes as watched on simkl.com

Simkl knows what you're watching, tells you episodes you've missed, and connects you to what your friends are into.

You can sign up at https://simkl.com to get all of these features:

• Automatically track what you're watching
  • Receive notifications about new episodes
  • Find recommendations based on your watch history
  • See your friend's ratings

Simkl was created to help people, like you, to keep track of what you watch and receive notifications about new episodes and new movie releases based on your preferences and watch history.

More info and source on GitHub:

https://github.com/SIMKL/Emby

• Like 6

From us, but before going straight to the catalog we should get a little testing feedback here first. Thanks.

WilhelmStroker

I gave this a go to see if i could replace Trakt (I have VIP) but I found the Simkl interface very confusing and it also doesn't seem to show what I'm currently watching...There's also episodes in my list that I have never watched so not convinced Simkl is that great yet.

The plugin seems to work fine but I enabled notifications through Join and got about 7 or 8 notifications that the episode was scrobbled, which is a lot....Happy to help debug if needed though...

edit: Just after it'st trying to send a scrobble, i get the following error in my log:

2019-07-30 13:46:26.701 Error Trakt: Error sending scrobble
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.2.0.40
    Command line: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Conflict
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<<PostToTrakt>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.Retry[T](Func`1 function)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendEpisodeStatusUpdateAsync(Episode episode, MediaStatus status, TraktUser traktUser, Single progressPercent)
     at Trakt.ServerMediator.KernelPlaybackStopped(Object sender, PlaybackStopEventArgs e)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
Edited by WilhelmStroker

• 2 weeks later...
DSinapellido

I gave this a go to see if i could replace Trakt (I have VIP) but I found the Simkl interface very confusing and it also doesn't seem to show what I'm currently watching...There's also episodes in my list that I have never watched so not convinced Simkl is that great yet.

The plugin seems to work fine but I enabled notifications through Join and got about 7 or 8 notifications that the episode was scrobbled, which is a lot....Happy to help debug if needed though...

edit: Just after it'st trying to send a scrobble, i get the following error in my log:

2019-07-30 13:46:26.701 Error Trakt: Error sending scrobble
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.2.0.40
    Command line: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Conflict
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<<PostToTrakt>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.Retry[T](Func`1 function)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.PostToTrakt(String url, Object data, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TraktUser traktUser)
     at Trakt.Api.TraktApi.SendEpisodeStatusUpdateAsync(Episode episode, MediaStatus status, TraktUser traktUser, Single progressPercent)
     at Trakt.ServerMediator.KernelPlaybackStopped(Object sender, PlaybackStopEventArgs e)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

That error log is from trakt, was this error there before installing Simkl's plugin?

They should be perfectly compatible

samuelqwe

I've been using the plugin for a few days and it works as advertised. However, why can't you just scrobble based on watched status, instead of having a setting for scrobbling percentage?

DSinapellido

I've been using the plugin for a few days and it works as advertised. However, why can't you just scrobble based on watched status, instead of having a setting for scrobbling percentage?

The plugin is designed to be a clone (in functionality) of Kodi's plugin, so plugin requisites are the same.

Scrobbling based on watched status could maybe be done in the future with a library synchronization feature

samuelqwe

The plugin is designed to be a clone (in functionality) of Kodi's plugin, so plugin requisites are the same.

Scrobbling based on watched status could maybe be done in the future with a library synchronization feature

I see. Thanks for the clarification!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
flakie

I was going to look at trakt and just came across this post.

Is this working with Synology NAS?

I tried putting the dll in the plugin folder (/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/plugins).

Is there any more to it than this (all there was in this folder before was IsoMounter.dll)?

It does not appear in list of plugins when I reboot emby.

Ennergizer

Can confirm, plugin is working for me. You should put the dll in the same folder that you currently have trakt and other plugins, then it appears among other installed plugins.

DSinapellido

I was going to look at trakt and just came across this post.

Is this working with Synology NAS?

I tried putting the dll in the plugin folder (/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/plugins).

Is there any more to it than this (all there was in this folder before was IsoMounter.dll)?

It does not appear in list of plugins when I reboot emby.

Testing trakt now. Seems to do all I need but would like to test this new plugin at some point still.

Do you have any plugins installed?

Currently we have the problem that the plugin is not in the catalog, so it needs to be installed manually.

I don't have a Synology server, but I found some threads:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60119-access-embyserver-installation-folder-on-synology/

In a screenshot you can see that the plugin folder is /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins

flakie

Thanks I have it installed now.

When I try to enter the PIN I cannot login to the web site. Just goes in  a loop of trying to login.

I did create the account yesterday and logged in then so not sure what the issue is.

Not the plugin problem. Obviously a browser or site one.

Will look into it when I have some more time.

Thank again.

flakie

It is working in IE, but not chrome.

I don't like using IE at all but in chrome I can no longer log in. Just loops back to the login page.

I have subscribed to trakt now as that works in chrome for me.

Will see how it goes and if not suitable will look back at simkl.

Cheers :)

Ennergizer

The website is actually optimized for Chrome, not IE. It seems like you have Adblock enabled which blocks the login stage and making everything slower.

flakie

I do use adblock and have set it to not run on the site (the icon is green). If that is not enough to make it work then the site is not for me. Trakt works with adblock enabled, though I have disabled it there too. To be honest even in IE simkl a bit buggy and I have zero addons installed (even loops when I try to delete my profile). I am happy with trakt. working exactly how I want it atm. :)

Ennergizer

What is your adblocker by the way? This needs to be reported to the adblock developer. We cannot do anything about that if adblock is cutting out resources from the page that it needs to function.

miniliQuid

Never heard about this project.

Could somebody tell about the pros/cons vs Trakt?

Would like to know this too.

So far I see a lot of comments of people sticking with Trakt, what are the key differences?