ice xml channel mapping in 4.2.0.40

Vidman

Vidman

after upgrading to the latest server release i lost about half of my live tv channel guide info. upon inspection i found that they were no longer mapped, i tried to remap them in the server dashboard but there still seems to be some issue as the setting does not have any affect.

server is freenas if that makes any difference

is this a known issue?

Hi, no, there weren't any reports of this in beta. Did you try refreshing the guide? I would do that first, and then try using the channel mapping tool after that. Let me know if this helps. Thanks.

how many tuners and guide sources have you created? are you sure the xml data isn't changing from one refresh to the next?

Vidman

1 hd homerun

1 guide source (ice tv)

I'm pretty sure mapping a new channel triggers a guide refresh

Edited by Vidman

I don't see anything obvious here and this works just fine in my testing. so yes that would help. Thanks.

Vidman

I don't see anything obvious here and this works just fine in my testing. so yes that would help. Thanks.

you have access to icetv guide data?

How do you have it configured in emby server? Is it pointing to that text file, or a url?

denz

Certainly do I used it last month when a new channel appeared. It is not something that you need to do that often here.

I am not able to reproduce. The only explanation i can think of is that the xml data is changing from one refresh to the next and that's why the channel name is missing from the mapping.

denz

I installed the portable stable version and I couldn't reproduce the issues that the poster is experiencing the only issue discovered is that three channels had the correct guide data but not the logos. I deleted the images and done the guide refresh and it downloaded the correct logos. 

5d4b818ca717f_Capture.jpg

Vidman

ok so i tried changing a working channel and it seems that channel mapping has no effect at all so i have a theory. when i updated i created a new jail in freenas and pointed the configuration to the same location as the old version, maybe they have different user id so the new jail doesn't have permission to alter this config file? (thou i don't seem to have issues anywhere else)

It's possible, but we should see an error in the server log when saving if that is the case