Downloads don't stop

rechigo
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

rechigo

Whenever I go to download a video, I am unable to stop it. I try to click on the download button and click "remove download" and that doesn't stop it. I go to the android download manager and click cancel and that stops it temporarily before Emby randomly decides to start downloading again. Tried restarting my device, tried signing back in and out, etc. The only way I found to stop the download this is to reinstall the app

The download system is extremely unreliable and it's beyond me how this reached a production product, it feels like a pre-alpha testing program

Edited by Deathly

rechigo

Actually no, even reinstalling the app doesn't stop them. I guess there is no way to cancel a download

rechigo

And now it's trying to download on my mobile data when I have download on wifi only enabled.

• Solution

Hi, have you explored the downloads list by clicking the gear icon next to My Downloads?

rechigo

That looks like it worked, the first time I did that I think I forgot to click the canel button in the download manager so it kept downloading. Could you look into making this more reliable?

• Like 1

There are some issues with external SD cards that we are looking at. Thanks.

rechigo

I wasn't downloading to an external SD card, I was downloading to my device storage

To answer the question in the first post, cancelling from the download manager only cancels the existing download attempt. You need to make sure to cancel it from inside the emby app.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Post to be deleted, found the my downloads section.

What could we have done to make it easier to locate? It's right on the home screen and in the bottom navigation.

rechigo

Luke, am I correct in assuming the delete button on downloaded media *only* deletes media from the local device, or does it delete it from the library and fs as well? The description of the button is a bit misleading if the former is the case

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

seanbuff

Perhaps the option should be named 'Remove from device' if it is local content, to avoid confusion.

I have had similar questions in the past from users.