Emby can't access local files?

trward07

trward07

Hello all,

I recently moved to another computer and migrated all my files from the old to the new.  Now when I am trying to set up the server and add file locations, it says there was an "error adding the media path."  I know for a lot of users this comes up when they are trying to add files from a network drive or something like that, but I am just trying to add files from my local HD from my own administrator account - I don't have any idea what to do - any ideas?

Can you shutdown the server, then rename this file

/Users/travisward/.config/emby-server/data/library.db

Then start back up and try again? Thanks.

trward07

I guess I can try that, but I've tried deleting the entire folder as well as the program itself and then reinstalling it and it still does the same thing.

Please try that. If the error still persists in the log I can improve the error handling where that is happening and push out a new macos pkg. Thanks.

Ok I've repackaged the mac release with a fix for the error in your log. Can you please delete the db file again, then install the server again from the website on top of your existing installation? Please let me know what happens. Thanks.

Are you certain you reinstalled it? The log suggests no. The version number is the same. I may have to add a logging statement so that we can verify.

Fabian Ortiz

Same issue here, folllowed the instructions and doesn't work. Emby server version 4.2.0.40.

5d3ba43e1e692_ScreenShot20190726at80711P

Edited by Fabian Ortiz

I apologize for the issue. I've updated it one more time. It should be resolved now. Thanks guys.

trward07

I'm still having the same issue.....however, some good news.  It seemed yesterday when the EmbyServer would load my web browser and go to the localhost webpage I would just get the spinny loading screen.  This time it actually pulled up a "playlists" icon that I could select.  But because I don't have any libraries added yet, it still isn't working and it still says the same error message.....why wouldn't Emby have access to my local files?

embyserver.txt

nerdwork

I apologize for the issue. I've updated it one more time. It should be resolved now. Thanks guys.

The new release + dumping library.db fixed the issue for me. I'm now able to add and scan new libraries.

Thank you.

trward07

Well I have some good news and bad news. The bad news is that one of the above worked for me...however the good news is I remembered that I have another HD partition that I booted up into and tried the exact same setup and it worked flawlessly. So I guess I’ll just be using that partition from now on. I don’t know why the other one never worked but apparently it was an OS issue not really an Emby issue? IDK, but it’s working now...

Thanks for the info. There definitely was an issue in our macos package, that has since been resolved.