Coming Soon - New Jump In List

Abobader

Sort by Unwatched is the same as triple-tap.  It doesn't work well because there isn't anything to really search on.  I will probably disable it for that sort order.

BTW - I have implemented paging in the jump list.  Page or Channel buttons will move you 1/4 of the way through the list on each press.

• Like 2

Love this. Will you be implementing this in the Classic theme?

Maybe but it is down on my list.

CBers

I've always thought triple-tap was a real pain which makes our nice JIL (Jump In List) functionality in MBC fairly hard to use.

So, for the next release, I've created a much better JIL for use with the remote control.  The functionality is in the core of MBC but it will be up to each theme to implement it because there is no way to know where on the screen is safe for the selector for any given view in any given theme.  Therefore, the themes/views will have to design them into the proper place.

In Chocolate the "blue" button or ctl-J will produce the new JIL selector (where, will depend on the particular view).

If I press the BLUE button on my MCE remote, it opens the playlist section of the MCE Music Library !!

Don't have a KBM connect to HTPC so can't try CTL+J.

What am I doing wrong ??

TIA.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.  I'm afraid I can't trap that button like I thought I could.  I guess it is like Info and WMC has priority.

I'll have to see if I can find a different button.

CBers

Just tried on my main PC where I have a keyboard connected (but no remote) and CTRL+J doesn't seem to work either.

Is any of this captured in the log file ??

Can you try your blue button in one of the other views just to be sure it doesn't work...?

The BLUE button does the same in all of the views.

Okay, thanks  :(

AdrianW

The blue button on my Harmony One (well on it's LCD at least) brings up the new jump bar - and I'm using the Media Centre SE profile.

Thanks Adrian.  My blue button takes me to "My Videos" so I think this is a particular remote configuration issue.  I think I'm using the straight WMC profile on the Harmony.

sinjen

Sweet thanks Adrian! I did't know of this Harmony profile either, was using the standard one.

What's really cool is that you can also control the mouse with that profile. Comes in handy when WMC loses focus for whatever reason.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes-Programming/Expanded-control-for-Windows-Media-Center-now-available-in-our/m-p/374844

-Sinjen

NizZ8

Sweet thanks Adrian! I did't know of this Harmony profile either, was using the standard one.

Edited by NizZ8

NizZ8

Using the updated harmony profile, the blue button works great to bring up the jump lists.  

Loving all of the new stuff packed into the MB3 classic client ebr,  great work man!

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Cant believe i missed this!!!

Nice work Eric.