Ass direct play

Ahim13

Updated my LG B8 to latest Emby. Any video playback with .ASS file in the folder crashes Emby and restarts it.

So it actually crashes the app?

sfboender

He @@Luke awesome, just an additional remark:

The last version of Emby APP the ASS subs worked but it did take roughly 1-2 minutes before the content started playing.

When you turn off the subs, content plays directly. Dont know if that is also fixed in the new version but perhaps it gives you and @@SamES some clue as where to look!

• Like 1

sfboender

Jup happens to me aswell that being said even though there can always be issues while developing (god i know those pull request hassles) i wanted to thank @@Luke and @@SamES for doing their best.

After 4-5 months of playing around with Emby i decided to purchase the lifetime pass so show support and honestly at least with the emby team they react to issues and bugs.

Keep it up guys and lets see when the new update fixes the above mentioned issues.

Edited by sfboender
  • Like 1

Jup happens to me aswell that being said even though there can always be issues while developing (god i know those pull request hassles) i wanted to thank @@Luke and @@SamES for doing their best.

After 4-5 months of playing around with Emby i decided to purchase the lifetime pass so show support and honestly at least with the emby team they react to issues and bugs.

Keep it up guys and lets see when the new update fixes the above mentioned issues.

HI, thanks for the feedback and kind words !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@Luke and @@SamES any eta for the new approved LG updated version of emby? Normally they’re quiet quick right? 

Soon I hope.  Sorry I don't have a better answer, but yes, they're generally relatively quick

• 3 weeks later...
Malmgren

Hi all. Just stumbled upon this problem as well. A couple of seconds of the movie and then the entire app crashes and starts over. It works if I choose to see the movie without subtitles or using a srt file though.

If I understand the thread correctly we're still waiting for LG to review the update? Is this something they do manually for each new version? Seems kinda crap if it takes over a month...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
FlashYoshi

I was about to ask the same, the last update was on 19/11/2019. It might be time to ping LG, they might've forgotten about you.

Thanks for all the great work on an awesome product

sfboender

Great! Can confirm it works again. To all, you need to set in the subtitle settings the setting to “play hardcoded subs” by default to have it run with subs. 

@@Luke thanks bro!

Edited by sfboender

• 2 months later...
fyhjason

Hi some ass subtitle is still not playable on my LG B9. It forces Emby to replay from start and stuck at certain point then restart again.