Ass direct play

Ahim13

• 2 months later...

@@Luke, new update which was pushed this week is again causing issues with the ass subtitles. Moment you select it, emby crashes.

Is this case on both your C7 and C8?

@@Luke, new update which was pushed this week is again causing issues with the ass subtitles. Moment you select it, emby crashes.

Yup same problem for me too on the LG B9. Need to check a bit more as it does not happen with all the movies. But definitely fails with Dynasties TV Show. The ASS file was created from the SRT file using my SRT2ASS FFMPEG script.

I am only using ASS because the Emby on LG cannot change the size, font, colour, etc of the SRT subtitles.

UPD: Crashes Emby player every time with all the files I tried.

Edited by macnb

cinescore

I can confirm the crashes happen with my LG C9 as well.

I tried 3 different TV shows and the player crashes when the first subtitle line is supposed to be rendered.

The .ass files were created from SRT files using Subtitle Edit 3.5.10.

With the previous version and the same episodes I had no crashes.

alucryd

The workaround described earlier doesn't work either, external .ass files also crash the app on the C9.

sfboender

Checked friends B8 and also issue, workarounds dont work just like the last release.

@@Luke any thoughts, because wasn’t this fixed previously?

Last version did have an issue where the content wouldn't play directly but after 1-2 min waiting it would play.

Annoying but still was something but compared to 4 versions ago where content would play directly it would be great if we had a permanent fix for this either direct play or waiting. Thanks as always for your efforts and that of the team.

Edited by sfboender

dnanielsen

Can someone running WebOS 3 with firmware 05.30.60 confirm that external .ass subtitles are still working on Emby 1.0.19? I don't want to update and break this support. 

Can someone running WebOS 3 with firmware 05.30.60 confirm that external .ass subtitles are still working on Emby 1.0.19? I don't want to update and break this support. 

I've tested this with 3 or 3.5 and it's fine, but no harm in waiting until the next version to be sure, unless there is another feature you need in a hurry.  I expect the next release should come quickly

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@@SamES

@@Luke  still doesnt work. 3 seconds of playback and emby stops. After 3 attempts Emby app crashes!

Thanks, that's unfortunate.

I'll see what's happened as this was working, but not for long it appears.