Recorded TV Playback Issues

Pain
Go to solution Solved by Pain,

Been having this issue for a while now. When watching a recorded TV show the program will lock up freeze and then get a message something like to many errors.

Attached is the log..

Thanks

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg.txt

Hi there, what Emby app are you playing with? Does it always happen in the same spot of the video?

Hi @@Luke

Fire TV Stick. Yes it happens at the same spot every time I try to watch it... I have 1 Emby tuner setup with HDHR. And a couple IPTV tuners as well...

Web app plays it but there was a hiccup at the same point but played passed it. Also if i FF the Fire TV past that spot it plays but missed a few seconds to a minute. At lest on this one program it does...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

@@Luke

@@softworkz

After upgrading Emby all seems good now.. Haven't had a recording issue at all. Lets hope I didn't speak to soon lol. Thanks for all the hard work you all put in to Emby.. It only gets better from here...

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
connieda
Running Emby on ds218+,Emby on Synology Premium 4.2.1.0 , HDHR Quatro, Nvidia Shield 4K. All equipment was new and I setup this up back in Feb 2019. Everything worked perfectly until I updated Emby a few weeks ago. 

Now I get clicking and then it freezes and start pixilating the playback and recordings. Once this starts I have to reboot Emby. Then it will work for a while sometimes as long as a day. I have several scheduled recordings a day. When the issue starts it will display the issue on recordings, live tv playback on the Sheild and from my windows Emby client. I can open the HDHR app and live TV is working fine. 

It started on the previous update and I have applied the 4.2.1.0. The H264 encoding preset is set to 23. After the issue started Shield had an update available so I applied that. I also download a new version of HDHR software and installed that. One thing to note every time I reboot Emby I see a message pop up in Yellow Please reboot Emby to apply updates, but there is nothing showing in package center as an available update.

Rebooted everything several times, NAS - Shield. I have attached all logs from /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs

Edited by connieda

Running Emby on ds218+,Emby on Synology Premium 4.2.1.0 , HDHR Quatro, Nvidia Shield 4K. All equipment was new and I setup this up back in Feb 2019. Everything worked perfectly until I updated Emby a few weeks ago. 
Now I get clicking and then it freezes and start pixilating the playback and recordings. Once this starts I have to reboot Emby. Then it will work for a while sometimes as long as a day. I have several scheduled recordings a day. When the issue starts it will display the issue on recordings, live tv playback on the Sheild and from my windows Emby client. I can open the HDHR app and live TV is working fine. 
It started on the previous update and I have applied the 4.2.1.0. The H264 encoding preset is set to 23. After the issue started Shield had an update available so I applied that. I also download a new version of HDHR software and installed that. One thing to note every time I reboot Emby I see a message pop up in Yellow Please reboot Emby to apply updates, but there is nothing showing in package center as an available update.
Rebooted everything several times, NAS - Shield. I have attached all logs from /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs

Hi there @@connieda, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...