Forgot Password Issue

cseiler

cseiler

@@cayars Using version 4.1.1.0 on Windows 10. 

I thought I knew the password, but I haven't used it in a while since it has always just recognized me.  So when I try the password remotely, it doesn't work.  When I clicked the "Forgot password," it prompted me for user name which I entered.  It then told me to do it on the local server.  I tried from local server, and it told me to open the file saved in the appdata folder.  I open the text file. I go to the URL.  It prompts me for PIN. I enter the PIN.  It says 

Passwords have been removed for the following users.  To login, sign in with a blank password.

It doesn't say which following users.  But I click on the "Got it" and takes me to login.  I try to log in using nothing as the password and it says "Invalid username or password. Please try again."

I've tried several times and the process is always the same.  What am I missing?

You mentioned not being able to login remotely.  Does that mean you can still login locally?  If so change the password that way.

Let me ask a few question for clarity.

Is this a normal user account or and admin account?

Is this your Emby server that you have access to the file system? (sounds like it but I just want to check)

When you opened the file you mention what filename is it?

cseiler

@@cayars There is only one user, me, and it is the admin user.

Remotely:  So when I try the password remotely, it doesn't work.  When I clicked the "Forgot password," it prompted me for user name which I entered It then told me to do it on the local server.

From local machine using local network IP address:  I tried from local server, and it told me to open the file saved in the appdata folder.  I open the text file (%APPDATA%\Emby-Server\programdata\passwordreset.txt). I go to the local URL.  It prompts me for PIN. I enter the PIN.

Passwords have been removed for the following users.  To login, sign in with a blank password.

It doesn't say which following users.  But I click on the "Got it" and takes me to login.  I try to log in using nothing as the password and it says "Invalid username or password. Please try again."

From another browser locally, I am still logged in, but I cannot change the password when logged in because it wants the current password, which I obviously do not know.

• 4 months later...
sandrojpsantos

Hi, exactly the same problem here, after trying to log in outside of my home without success did the same thing and nothing I just can use it on my network.

Hi, exactly the same problem here, after trying to log in outside of my home without success did the same thing and nothing I just can use it on my network.

@@sandrojpsantos, how does this relate to forgot password?

sandrojpsantos

@@sandrojpsantos, how does this relate to forgot password?

Beucause I was always trying to enter my password to login in out of my network, and it was saying it was wrong, then I did the recover password and now can't enter the same and have no password. Like the OP

EDIT: I am actually testing the remote access features in order to pull the plug and buy lifetime to get the discount.

Edited by sandrojpsantos

Beucause I was always trying to enter my password to login in out of my network, and it was saying it was wrong, then I did the recover password and now can't enter the same and have no password. Like the OP

EDIT: I am actually testing the remote access features in order to pull the plug and buy lifetime to get the discount.

And you're able to login inside your network?

sandrojpsantos

And you're able to login inside your network?

SOLVED

Yeah I can since I enter through Synology EMBY app. So I just add to assign a user to my user from embyconnect and that user pass became embyconnect password.

Can someone help me reset my password please! Please message me

Hi there @@arod505, have you tried the password reset function in your Emby Server?

Hi @@arod505, that means contacting the administrator of your Emby Server, not contacting Emby staff. Who is the owner of the Emby Server you are connecting to?