Emby 4.2.0.35 Armhf continously crashes

crazyquark

crazyquark

Hello,

I've been using Emby now for at least 2 years(I am a lifetime subscriber) and it has been *mostly* stable with some crashes here and there(generally because of mono) but the latest release has become quite unstable for me.

Now, I know I should not be runnign a beta, however the stable version had a different issue related to ffmpeg and media scanning(it was unable to extract any media info from newly added content).

I tried to collect as much info as I could:

I am on an Odroid XU-4:

lsb_release -a:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic

uname -a:

Linux odroid-nas 4.14.133-165 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 15 22:14:09 -03 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Here is a journactl log with the last crash:

journalctl.log

Also the latest emby log(debug logging was enabled):

embyserver.txt

I am not sure but I think it crashes during media library scanning. I only see that the process was killed - maybe it uses too much RAM? hard to say...

Help :)

Hi, a couple things you could try are removing the dlna and kodi sync plugins, then restarting the server and see if it still happens.

Also you can go into each library and disable the realtime monitor, then restart the server after that.

You're saying this just started recently?

crazyquark

Humm, no it has been happening for a while but it got very intense lately to the point it became mostly offline.

I removed DLNA and the Kodi companion plugin and will let it run for a while and report back.

Thank you

LE: Nope, still segmentation faults even with those disabled.

Edited by crazyquark

crazyquark

OK, now I also disabled real time monitoring, letting it run for a bit.

Aaand... it crashed after 10 minutes or so.

Edited by crazyquark

Did you restart the server after making that change? Can you provide a new server log? Thanks.

crazyquark

FYI, I dockerized Emby to see if it's more stable(that means I will not be running the beta version though - I used linuxserver/emby:latest)