Emby for Kodi always asks for initial settings and wants to scan

bozrdnag

bozrdnag

All of the sudden I am experiencing an issue where every time I start Kodi, Emby for Kodi is asking me to choose the initial options like it does the first time you set it up.  Even if I do and let it scan everything again it will just prompt for it again the next time.  I have attached my Kodi log.

kodi.log

Edited by bozrdnag

MALLINDER

Just had the same but havent got time yet to post log. Asks for inital settings, but can can still use emby/kodi without doing the sync/scan. I tried to configure the emby addon but all the options have dissapeared and just let with an empty box on screen where I used to see things like sync, playback etc

• Like 2

bozrdnag

Sorry.  Log attached now.  Same as Millinder I can skip the scan and all my media is available but it just keeps on asking.

Angelblue05

Ok one moment please. I will post an updated build for this new error. It is strange that I don't see it at all on my side.

Angelblue05

@@bozrdnag

Ok I think I see the reason why this is happening even if I don't see it myself. I don't think 4.1.7 will resolve it after all. I will upload a new build. Sorry about this.

Angelblue05

4.1.8 is on the way and also available via sideload at this moment. I have completely reverted the commit that caused the issue in the first place. It should be back to normal now.

bozrdnag

I still get the same thing.  In fact when I go to the addon and click on configure the screen is just blank.  No text or buttons or anything.  I have Kodi installed on my laptop just for testing and stuff and rarely use it but it is not having the issue.  It's running Windows and my Living Room and Bedroom Kodis that are having the issue are both Android.  Maybe something to that?

The one thing I haven't tried since you updated the addon was actually letting it rescan everything.  Do you think that is worth a shot?  I just haven't because it takes like 45 minutes.

Edited by bozrdnag
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you provide an updated log? This is with 4.1.8 right? No I don't believe you'd need to complete the rescan thing at all.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok the error caused by the code is gone. But it does look like the library names held in the emby.db were erased at some point. Maybe when you tried to rescan earlier it created an error during that time and data was lost.

Can you try to re-add your libraries, or repair your libraries or a reset without erasing artwork/settings? That should resolve it in my opinion. I apologize for the inconvenience.

And yes it is an Android only issue in my opinion. I added a module that is not available on the compiled python version within Kodi on Android it seems and so that caused the errors. I completely removed it now.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Try this build here. Provide an updated log. It should resolved the line where it's getting stuck on, but I'd still want to see why this is happening now. Somewhere there is data loss and that's causing the library information to not be setup correctly.

plugin.video.emby-4.1.8a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@bozrdnag

Can you try to delete this file? Actually, can you try opening the add-on settings and hitting the default button? That might work, but if not, delete the file settings.xml. It seems corrupted.

CAddon[plugin.video.emby]: failed to load addon settings from special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.emby/settings.xml
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

bozrdnag

I appreciate your help and time but i have to get some Zs. I will try that tomorrow evening when I get home from work. Thanks again!

• Like 1

MALLINDER

4.1.8a didnt work, but deleting the settings file seems to have worked. Had to redue the settings in the addon but it is now logging me in.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

4.1.8a didnt work, but deleting the settings file seems to have worked. Had to redue the settings in the addon but it is now logging me in.

Thanks for reporting back. Yeah 4.1.8a was just addressing the line the error happened on, not the underlying issue which seems to be settings.xml was corrupted.