Randomly becomes impossible to connect to from any device (app still open)

PRAGMA

PRAGMA

Ok, so. Ever since my Sony TV upgraded to the new Android Interface (Oreo I think), it seems emby crashes like this, where it doesnt work at all, all the icons are still open, but absolutely no connection from any device even host device can be made.

What's interesting is I can right click emby and click restart for it to still often not working, having to either restart again, or restart my PC until its working again, its SUPER frustrating.

I dont know when this happened, and my TV has been off (maybe standby im not sure, sony tv's hibernate sometimes), and it still occured.

I havent used emby in straight up HOURS.

I have included 3 logs (all logs today) from C:\Users\PRAGMA\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\logs and hope they help.

EDIT:

Emby Tray -> Restart -> Doesnt actually restart at all, does nothing seemingly

Only fixable if I: Emby Tray -> Exit -> Then open embyserver.exe manually

Edited by PRAGMA

EDIT:

Emby Tray -> Restart -> Doesnt actually restart at all, does nothing seemingly

Only fixable if I: Emby Tray -> Exit -> Then open embyserver.exe manually

If Emby isn't running then the restart option would not work.  So, it sounds like it isn't running at the time.

I'm a little confused on how this is related to your TV - you are talking about the server on a Windows machine, correct?  I think whatever happened with your TV may be a coincidence.

The last thing in the log is related to hardware detection.  Did you put in a new graphics card or update drivers or was there a Windows update?

PRAGMA

If Emby isn't running then the restart option would not work.  So, it sounds like it isn't running at the time.

I'm a little confused on how this is related to your TV - you are talking about the server on a Windows machine, correct?  I think whatever happened with your TV may be a coincidence.

The last thing in the log is related to hardware detection.  Did you put in a new graphics card or update drivers or was there a Windows update?

Nope, havent done a thing to do with my hardware, literally only thing I remember doing was install a piece of crap software known as Air Display which pretends to be a fake screen, used a hdmi cable to test stuff, and thats about it, and im nitpicking here.

Since I made this post, it has since happened (I dont know when it occured exactly, but coincidentally it was exactly 12:00am when I looked). Now this may be another coincidence, but every time im looking at this occur, its either 12pm or 12am.

PRAGMA

The reason why I relate my TV here, is that it uses a new layout which uses new "Rows" feature, which actually incorporates some Emby features like a play next, recommended, rows e.t.c, its possible maybe something related to that is causing hardware detections? no clue haha

literally only thing I remember doing was install a piece of crap software known as Air Display which pretends to be a fake screen,

Ding Ding Ding :).

I'll bet that is your problem.  Can you try uninstalling that?

PRAGMA

Ding Ding Ding :).

I'll bet that is your problem.  Can you try uninstalling that?

I actually have since done that, but it seems to still occur

I actually have since done that, but it seems to still occur

Are you positive it is completely gone?  Did you restart the machine?  Based on what I saw in the log I'm pretty confident your issue will be related to that software.

@@softworkz

PRAGMA

Are you positive it is completely gone?  Did you restart the machine?  Based on what I saw in the log I'm pretty confident your issue will be related to that software.

@@softworkz

Well I will say, the uninstaller didnt work, I had to resort to manually deleting all references it made. Could be doing something to configuration or such

Well I will say, the uninstaller didnt work, I had to resort to manually deleting all references it made. Could be doing something to configuration or such

Definitely.

Do you have a restore point from before installing it that you could go back to...?

PRAGMA

I dont actually, ill probably have to reinstall windows, I kind of need to do this for a while now anyhow

When you right-click on the desktop and choose "Display Settings" - do you sill see the fake display?

PRAGMA

When you right-click on the desktop and choose "Display Settings" - do you sill see the fake display?

xy5kL6T.png

Ive restarted multiple times over the days since I last replied, and it still occurs.