• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mallison01 OFFLINE  

mallison01

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 11:13 AM

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

I just noticed that on all of my movies that i have in my collection that have more than 1 version available and are grouped, no longer have an option to select which version to play in the app on all of my Fire TV devices, Cube and Stick 4k's and on my Shield.

the Option does work and show in the android app on my samsung phone and on the web browser.

Currently the only way i can play a different version is to go to the folders and drill down to the individual file and play it.

I am running on Windows Server 2016 with Emby Server 4.2.0.33 beta

Fire TV app is 1.7.23a

Shield app is 1.7.38g

this feature was working fine before, not sure at what point it stopped.

See screenshots attached

Attached Files

Edited by mallison01, 21 July 2019 - 05:13 PM.

#2 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1705 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 PM
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:55 PM

Hi @ebr - I am not sure if I missed an announcement about this or it's a bug, but I noticed today that the option to select what movie version you want to watch is missing. I am pretty sure it was there before. This is on the Shield App. It does seem to automatically select the 4K version when I start playback so that is fine. But visually the only option that shows up is the 1080p version. @jasonmcroy

Is this a bug, change or I am thinking it used to be there and the option never was?

#3 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46103 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

I just noticed that on all of my movies that i have in my collection that have more than 1 version available and are grouped, no longer have an option to select which version to play in the app on all of my Fire TV devices, Cube and Stick 4k's and on my Shield.

the Option does work and show in the android app on my samsung phone and on the web browser.

Currently the only way i can play a different version is to go to the folders and drill down to the individual file and play it.

Fire TV app is 1.7.23a

Shield app is 1.7.38g

this feature was working fine before, not sure at what point it stopped.

See screenshots attached

This looks like you actually have two separate items as opposed to one item with multiple versions.  If it were a multi-version item, you would not see two posters.

#4 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46103 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:16 PM

Hi @ebr - I am not sure if I missed an announcement about this or it's a bug, but I noticed today that the option to select what movie version you want to watch is missing. I am pretty sure it was there before. This is on the Shield App. It does seem to automatically select the 4K version when I start playback so that is fine. But visually the only option that shows up is the 1080p version. @jasonmcroy

Is this a bug, change or I am thinking it used to be there and the option never was?

Do you have the same issue as above?  Are they actually showing as two separate items?

#5 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:27 PM

Do you have the same issue as above?  Are they actually showing as two separate items?

I am not sure if my issue is the same as above (I actually made a separate thread in the Beta section for the Android app but it was moved to here by someone).

However, in my case, the movie I was getting ready to watch was not showing as two separate items. It only shows up with one poster.

That being said, I do have some of my double version movies that do show as two separate items but I don't know how to make them not show that way. I don't like having two posters for one movie. 

#6 mallison01 OFFLINE  

mallison01

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:31 PM

This looks like you actually have two separate items as opposed to one item with multiple versions.  If it were a multi-version item, you would not see two posters.

It is a multi version item, if you notice in the screenshots, the web browser shows as it should, on the fire tv and shield, it no longer shows as a grouped/multi version item, this has all been working just fine for months until here in the last week or so.

You will notice that all of the screen shots are of the same movie, on the web broswer it shows the option to select the video version, on the android app, it shows correctly, but on the fire tv and shield, it shows only 1 version, its random to where it will show the 1080 or the 4k version.

This is happening on over 100 movies.

also like i said, currently the only way i can get to the version that it not showing, is to drill down to the actually item in the folder section.

This is an issue or a bug, not a mis-config etc, if you can see the names of the images it will help describe what is going on in each picture.

Here is a little extra to help you understand. See the screenshot of the same movie from my phone:

5d34f5aa7b683_Screenshot_20190721182825_

#7 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46103 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:32 PM

Are you running the beta server?

#8 mallison01 OFFLINE  

mallison01

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

I am not sure if my issue is the same as above (I actually made a separate thread in the Beta section for the Android app but it was moved to here by someone).

However, in my case, the movie I was getting ready to watch was not showing as two separate items. It only shows up with one poster.

That being said, I do have some of my double version movies that do show as two separate items but I don't know how to make them not show that way. I don't like having two posters for one movie. 

My issue is not an issue with 2 identical movies not being grouped, they are grouped and show correctly on all my devices except for the fire tv and shield. web browser shows the items as being grouped, android shows the item as grouped, android tv does not show the item as being grouped.

these are all items that are and have been grouped since being added to emby.

as i said if you drill down to the item in the folder views you can see individual items regardless if the item is grouped or not, this is the case no matter what platform you are on.

#9 mallison01 OFFLINE  

mallison01

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:41 PM

Are you running the beta server?

from above:

Fire TV app is 1.7.23a

Shield app is 1.7.38g

#10 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46103 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

This appears to be something related to the beta server.

Both Android/Fire TV and Roku are affected.

#11 mallison01 OFFLINE  

mallison01

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

this is happening on about 100+ items, all of my 4k items i have taken and ran through handbrake and trans-coded to 1080, these are the only duplicate items i have, which on a seperate note, sometimes when it scans it auto groups them, other times i have to manually group the versions, id say that it does not auto group about 40% of the time. but either way this issue exists on both auto grouped and manually grouped items.

ive been on beta since day one, i joined the android beta and put in for the fire tv beta today to see if that would fix the issue, but as far as i can tell it has not. i have not got any update on the fire tv beta though

#12 mallison01 OFFLINE  

mallison01

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:54 PM

This appears to be something related to the beta server.

Both Android/Fire TV and Roku are affected.

i actually noticed it today because i was replacing a roku in my daughters room for the another fire tv 4k from prime day.

i can not speak for the roku as i have not looked at it, but i would say this appeared within the last week or so.

that being said i have noticed several updates to the beta in that time frame, probably going to .28 to .33 or so.

i do not know at what time that happened.

#13 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46103 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

Thanks.  I confirmed both apps still work fine against the release server so something has changed or broken that we need to chase down.

• jasonmcroy likes this

#14 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:54 PM

Just popped in to say that noticed that my Movies are properly grouped together as well in all places except the Shield App, so I guess this is the same issue. 

I am also on the Beta Server.

#15 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:13 PM

@ebr @Luke - I just updated to the latest Beta server (.35?) and multi versions are now able to be selected in the Android App on my Shield.

#16 maegibbons OFFLINE  

maegibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2327 posts
  • Local time: 05:13 PM
  • LocationLutterworth, England, UK

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:21 AM

@ebr @Luke - I just updated to the latest Beta server (.35?) and multi versions are now able to be selected in the Android App on my Shield.

Strange. Nothing mentioned about this in release notes.

Krs

Mark

#17 jasonmcroy OFFLINE  

jasonmcroy

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 1705 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:39 AM

Strange. Nothing mentioned about this in release notes.

Krs

Mark

I noticed that too and I was surprised when I tested it that it was working fine now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fire, tv, shield, android, emby, version, app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users