Connect to database with odbc

paddy75

paddy75

Hello all,

i wanna connect to the emby database with odbc in windows. My intension is to build my own frontend in Microsoft Access to print out movie lists. Is there any documentation about the tables? I could connect to it but i could not see very helpful information in it to get movie names, years ect.

Regards,

Patrick

Happy2Play

You can export your library to excel or csv with the Reports plugin. Then just eliminate the column you don't needed.

5d33fd7956d8a_report.jpg

paddy75

I know that it is possible to export in excel, but it's not what I looking for. Here I can't get the path for the covers or anything else.

I think to use the API I must be a developer to use and understand it and to connect by ODBC it's much easier.

PenkethBoy

To get what you probably want with either the APi or ODBC will require you to understand the db structure to extract what you want

download "DB Browser for Sqlite" and you can open the Library.db file (with Emby server off) and view the db structure and data within

If you go the API route - check out "swagger" which is built into the Emby server - from the dashboard page - click the "API" link at the bottom of the page and have a read of the API WIKI  https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki

paddy75

I watched the structure with a db browser. But it was not possible for me to see real movie names or similar. Only GUIDS, id's are visible. Don't know or see where the movies are listed.

Must corrct myself now. When I order the column "Name" i can see what i want to. So trying now to go ahead.

Edited by paddy75

Just keep in mind that anything you create like this could break at any time.

Using the API will keep that from happening.

• 10 months later...
gnollo
On 7/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, PenkethBoy said:

To get what you probably want with either the APi or ODBC will require you to understand the db structure to extract what you want

download "DB Browser for Sqlite" and you can open the Library.db file (with Emby server off) and view the db structure and data within

If you go the API route - check out "swagger" which is built into the Emby server - from the dashboard page - click the "API" link at the bottom of the page and have a read of the API WIKI  https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki

I have an emby docker, which I stopped, and tried to access Appdata\Embyserver\Data\library.db with DB Browser for Sqlite, but it says "could not open database file: reason unable to open database file".

Any ideas on how I can access it? I am looking to interrogate the database to extract a list of actors with no pictures.