Problems with Search Function within app

PandoraLock

PandoraLock

I am having problems searching on the Emby for Android TV app on my NVIDIA Shield. The search results have their thumbnails missing and I am unable to enter into any of the search results to watch the video. The thumbnails for the videos are working properly outside of the search results (i.e in the list of movies/shows).

post-490618-0-02722200-1563639517_thumb.jpg

Edited by PandoraLock

That fixed the issue! Thanks for the assistance.

Hi, what was the solution?

PandoraLock

Enrolling in the testing and using the beta testing application instead of the released application on the Play Store.

• 2 weeks later...
cuzz1369

I'm using the latest release(non beta) of the server and app. Search works to find a movie but the app crashes upon trying to play anything you have searched for. Navigating manually to the same content and it plays fine.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Edited by cuzz1369

I'm using the latest release(non beta) of the server and app. Search works to find a movie but the app crashes upon trying to play anything you have searched for. Navigating manually to the same content and it plays fine.

Hi.  On what device?  What is the exact version number of the app?

Thanks.

cuzz1369

Hi. On what device? What is the exact version number of the app?

Thanks.

Its MyGica ATV 1900, but have tested on several other chinese boxes and the same thing happens. App version is latest from the playstore so 1.7.40g, server is up to date at version 4.2.0.40.

Edit: this has happened on previous version of the server and the app aswell.

Edited by cuzz1369

upon trying to play anything you have searched for. 

Can you tell me exactly how you are trying to play this item?  I have not been able to reproduce any problem with the current release.

Also, can you please confirm on your settings page that the app is the version you think it is?

Thanks.

cuzz1369

Can you tell me exactly how you are trying to play this item? I have not been able to reproduce any problem with the current release.

Also, can you please confirm on your settings page that the app is the version you think it is?

Thanks.

Well it seems to be only a certain set of devices that this happens on. I tried on a couple more modern devices and it works fine. Could this be related to an older android version (5.1.1)?

Well it seems to be only a certain set of devices that this happens on. I tried on a couple more modern devices and it works fine. Could this be related to an older android version (5.1.1)?

Not sure.  What is the answer to this question?

Can you tell me exactly how you are trying to play this item?

Thanks.