Auto Play of Episodes stops with last Episode of the Season

Jchasa
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Jchasa

Hello All, I am coming over from Plex and liking the transition so far just trying to clarifying some things that are working differently.

So when using Plex it was setup with auto play and it would play straight through all episodes and seasons regardless of which episode I chose.

With Emby all episodes play within the season but then stops and does not keep playing other seasons.

Is that the expected functionality? 

Presently the Roku does stop at the end of a season, yes. What you are seeing is expected. We can look at improving this though. Do any other apps presently continue past the last episode of the season into the first episode of the next when on Auto Play? If so which clients? If this is the web app most definitely this can be improved. The behavior we want to copy is the web app. However that behaves will be how all apps should strive to become.

• Like 1

• Solution

Yes, I recently changed this on Android TV to continue across seasons so we should change this one too.

• Like 1

Jchasa

Presently the Roku does stop at the end of a season, yes. What you are seeing is expected. We can look at improving this though. Do any other apps presently continue past the last episode of the season into the first episode of the next when on Auto Play? If so which clients? If this is the web app most definitely this can be improved. The behavior we want to copy is the web app. However that behaves will be how all apps should strive to become.

I only am wondering about that feature on the Roku App, as that is my kids main source of TV watching and the complete auto play is really nice.  I honestly am not sure if that is how the web app acts or not.  Thanks for the quick reply.