Cinema Mode: random trailer selection

chowbok

chowbok

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cinema Mode used to select a trailer randomly from all your trailers, but Luke changed that so now it selects a random trailer from movies that are "related" to the current movie. Can an option be added to go back to the old behavior? I liked the incongruity of having a trailer from a completely different type of movie show. Plus it helps me remember movies I've added.

Hi.  No, we've always tried to choose a trailer that somehow is relevant to the main movie you are watching.  This hasn't changed.

chowbok

Hmm, okay. Maybe it's just gotten smarter about it, then? I guess then consider this a feature request. 

It is the exact same algorithm used by more like this, although for Cinema mode the similarity bar is lower so these days it should be fairly random.

• 2 years later...
chowbok

Just wanted to bump this as a possibility. I would really like it to pick a trailer randomly rather than something considered related. Could it possibly be made an option?

crusher11

I'd just like it to be more random so I don't know exactly which trailer I'll get every time I start a movie. Literally any noir I watch, I get the Lady from Shanghai trailer. Every time.

• Like 1

Bigmack3000
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I'd just like it to be more random so I don't know exactly which trailer I'll get every time I start a movie. Literally any noir I watch, I get the Lady from Shanghai trailer. Every time.

Yes this!  The randomization is unfortunately very bad.  It seems to connect a trailer with a movie, and always play the same one anytime that movie is played.  I have 25 different trailers for Scott Pilgrim and yet every time my wife watches Mama Mia, the exact same trailer plays.  And then since I have two trailers set up to play, it proceeds to play another trailer from the same film.  

Two days ago I watched a Stones documentary, and it played to trailers for Woodstock.  

It's not a lack of trailer options.  The randomizer is just lacking.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Junglejim
8 hours ago, chowbok said:

I don't mean to be a pest, but I still would love to see this feature added. 

:)  One year later... Your no pest mate!  You have showed true patience's. I wish you all the best and hope eventually it will happen.