Refresh metadata more frequently for currently airing shows?

kribby

kribby

One thing I noticed with this new Sonarr and Emby automation collab I have set up now is that because Emby is seeing shows that were just aired no more than an hour or 2 ago, it is usually pulling metadata that is incomplete. This is particularly a problem with anime, since thetvbd and the various anime metadata sites like to create generic episode entries in advance. Since Emby is detecting that the episode entry is present upon new media detection, it's just pulling this incomplete info and then letting the "Automatically refresh metadata from the internet" option in the library settings handle future metadata refreshes.

A problem like this appears to be solvable right now using the automated nfo creation of Sonarr (since Sonarr checks for updates to metadata much more frequently), but I was wondering if something could be done on the Emby side. Maybe a new scheduled task along the lines of "Have Emby update all metadata for a show as long as today's date is before the show's end date, or is unspecified." 

Edited by kribby