New versions of older third party Orsay app v1.0.10 / v2.2.6

FrostByte

FrostByte

For those of you who still run the third party app on their older Orsay TVs there are new versions available for use.  This is mostly a maintenance release to ensure the app is still functional with new server changes.

v1.0.10 for 2011 D-series TVs.  IP has been updated.  Or, you can also download it from GitHub and host it on your own server using the instructions in the pinned post.

v2.2.6 for 2012 E-series, 2013 F-series, 2014 H-series, and 2015 J-series entry level models that run Orsay.  The IP hasn't been updated yet.  However, you can get the new zip file from GitHub and host it yourself using the instructions now if you wish.  I'll reply here when the IP has been updated.

Changes
  • Remove sha1 password
  • Update authentication to use pw field
  • Removes Genres itemcount from queries and overlays
  • Fix bug preventing IME from showing
  • Server by name will use default port 8096 if not entered

Thanks

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Ultroman

That is absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to try this! Huge thanks for updating the app. I thought it was out of development.

Is there no way to install these via USB instead of hosting the file on a server? I have an H-series running Orsay, so I can't use the nifty SamyGO widget installer solution.

Edited by Ultroman

FrostByte

Most Orsay TVs can sideload, but it doesn't work like with Tizen.  When you sideload an Orsay TV it doesn't actually install, but only "loads" the app into memory.  In other words you have to always have the USB in the TV in order to run it. 

You would be best to install it from one of the IPs in the instructions, or downloading the zip onto you own webserver and hosting it form there (that's what I do).

FrostByte

BTW the IP for 2.x has been updated with the latest version

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Ultroman

BTW the IP for 2.x has been updated with the latest version

Perfect! Thank you SO much for your continued support of this version! I really can't thank you enough.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
FrostByte

Instructions to install the third party Orsay app are here:

If the file isn't being hosted by Emby anymore then you will need to download the zip and setup your own internal webserver.  Instructions for that are at the bottom of the link above.

This is the last version I could find unless @SamES has another.

Emby_2.2.9_Europe_20210518.zip

• Like 1