Playlist on Nvidia Shield only plays first 300 items

Pelon

Pelon

I have a playlist that has more than 300 items. When openings the playlist on the Shield app it only displays the first 300 items. When I select random it does play random, but it only plays from the first 300 items. When playing the same playlist on the web, or iOS, it does play from the whole playlist.

Right now the only way I can play the whole playlist on the Nvidia Shield, is to cast to it.

It is the same way on Roku and that limit right now there is 200 items so consistency tells me it should be 300 on Roku.

There is a reason for the limit of 300 otherwise the fetch may time out. There is a LOT of information requested from the server in these fetches.

The best way to play large playlists like this is by casting. Android TV, Fire TV, and Roku/Roku TV all work the same way.

Edited by speechles

No, this shouldn't be true for either app.

What is making you think that it is behaving that way?

No, this shouldn't be true for either app.

What is making you think that it is behaving that way?

Because it is...lol.. It is the same 300 items when you shuffle just in a different order.

But if you again choose the playlist it will be a random pull of a different 300 (200 on Roku) items.

There is an upper limit. When you shuffle the queue is just shuffled.

It isn't delete the old queue and grabbing a new selection of 300 items to fill the queue with from the playlist. Should it be?

Edited by speechles

Because it is...lol.. It is the same 300 items when you shuffle just in a different order.

But if you again choose the playlist it will be a random pull of a different 300 (200 on Roku) items.

There is an upper limit. When you shuffle the queue is just shuffled.

It isn't delete the old queue and grabbing a new selection of 300 items to fill the queue with from the playlist. Should it be?

He is not talking about the audio queue.  He is talking about shuffling a playlist from the playlist screen (at least that is what I interpreted).

In that case, we ask the server for a random sort and this will come from the entire list.

(but my question about why do you think this was for Pelon :))

(but my question about why do you think this was for Pelon :))

I have the same issue on Roku so I was "feeling their pain". That is why I think they are using shuffle on Audio. Video does work like you say and does it well.

Who would queue up 300 video items to watch? Are they 10 second snippets. That is why I assume this has to be audio.

Edited by speechles

It probably is audio but that isn't really relevant to this.  We're still talking about a playlist, not the audio player queue.

It probably is audio but that isn't really relevant to this.  We're still talking about a playlist, not the audio player queue.

Let me say on Roku, what I am talking about are audio playlists which are now supported. I need to hack the ability for these to shuffle without generate the same queue list. Perhaps same problem is on that code base? May not be since Roku is unique in its approach to "programming" apps. Start from the ground up on Roku. But I digress.. lol

Edited by speechles

Let me say on Roku, what I am talking about are audio playlists which are now supported. I need to hack the ability for these to shuffle without generate the same queue list. Perhaps same problem is on that code base? May not be since Roku is unique in its approach to "programming" apps. Start from the ground up on Roku. But I digress.. lol

No, I don't think anything needs to change there either.  Let's wait for the OP to respond so we can see exactly what he is reporting.

Pelon

I have a playlist that I created of some sitcoms. I created the list by going thru the shows in alphabetical order and adding the whole show. It has never displayed an episode other than for the first 2 TV shows. On other devices it works as you mention it should

Pelon

I created the playlist by adding the shows, but that created the playlist by listing each individual episode. That is why the list is bigger than 300

So, when you look at the playlist in the app, the individual episodes are listed?

It is true that the total number of items will be limited to 300 but the super set from which those 300 are selected is the entire list.

Pelon

I have realized, that if I do a long press on the main playlist screen and there I select shuffle, I can shuffle all, but if I actually go into the playlist, I’m limited to what it is displayed. So at least there is a workable workaround. Perfect timing ( I know this is for a different forum), but the casting workaround is now broken for me, as the iOS version of playlists is not working, and Luke is already looking into it.

Thanks

I have realized, that if I do a long press on the main playlist screen and there I select shuffle, I can shuffle all, but if I actually go into the playlist, I’m limited to what it is displayed. So at least there is a workable workaround. Perfect timing ( I know this is for a different forum), but the casting workaround is now broken for me, as the iOS version of playlists is not working, and Luke is already looking into it.

Thanks

Ah, this issue is limited to video playlists.

Thanks.