Photo

Manual collections deleted

Best Answer Luke , 24 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Shot in the dark but please let me know if 4.2.0.36 helps, and if not, please attach a new server log from a library scan. thanks.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts
  • Local time: 03:40 AM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:34 PM

Just to clarify, this isn't true. The plugin has nothing to do with this.

Not saying it has, but BEFORE I ran the AutoBoxSets plugin, "Group Items into Collections", although checked in the settings, was not working - all movies were displayed separately on the Movies page and AFTER I ran it they were again shown as a Collection on the Movies page. So something AutoBoxSets did caused the "Group Items into Collections" setting to be observed correctly. Consequently, running it "fixed" that issue - albeit indirectly. :)

#42 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134369 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 PM

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:35 PM

although checked in the settings, was not working

Because you didn't have any collections. You could have created them on your own. The plugin just did it for you.

• jordy likes this

#43 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:47 PM

Because you didn't have any collections. You could have created them on your own. The plugin just did it for you.

Ok, In my mind, I still had collections - because their Boxset folders still existed - but they just weren't showing in the UI

#44 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134369 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:11 PM   Best Answer

Shot in the dark but please let me know if 4.2.0.36 helps, and if not, please attach a new server log from a library scan. thanks.

• jordy likes this

#45 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

Thanks. Will create another one and see what happens

EDIT:  NICE SHOT!

All appears back to normal now. Added my 80+ movies to the Kids Movies Collection and ran "Scan All Libaries" and "Scan Library" from 'Collections Library multiple times and it's still there.

Thankyou

Now I just need to get Collections within a Collection back and I'll be a happy camper. How about enabling "Group Items into Collections" within a Collection - as per the Movies page. That would be good if they cannot be separated by type as they used to be.

Just as an observation. When I was adding movies to the collection, I found that Multi-Select would lose its focus if I moved (right arrow at bottom of page) to the next 50 movies before I added the already selected items to the collection. I could still add the already selected items, but was not able to increase the number to be added. Sorry if that is hard to understand :)

Edited by jordy, 24 July 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#46 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Local time: 07:10 PM

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

I'll give it a shot too later on.

#47 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:30 PM

@Luke,

Earlier in this discussion, you said that I could manually edit the Collection.xml to add another collection to it.

I'm not overly knowledgeable about xml coding, it's generally a copy and paste with some light editing that gets me where I want to be. :) However, when I (from the Web UI, using multi-select) select a collection and add it to an existing collection, a string is actually added to the xml as below

- 
<CollectionItem>
  <Path>C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections\Finding Nemo Collection [boxset]</Path>
  </CollectionItem>

Is this what you are referring to - re manually editing the xml file? or is there another way? Because this line (and a couple of others like it) does nothing.

Attached Files

Edited by jordy, 24 July 2019 - 09:39 PM.

#48 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134369 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:04 PM

Yes something like that, and then run a scan.

#49 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:12 PM

Yes something like that, and then run a scan.

Have run numerous scans with the above xml file and only get individual movies - no collections

#50 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134369 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:29 PM

I'm afraid I do not have the bandwidth to test and troubleshoot this now that it has been relegated to a hidden feature, but there are users who are doing it such as puncntken.

• jordy likes this

#51 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:35 PM

OK I'll see if they can help. tks

#52 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:26 PM

@pünktchen,

Hi, Luke suggested that you may be able to assist me with manual/custom collections.

Recently, and for reasons I cannot determine, the ability to add a collection to another collection has been removed. I would like that option back as it served me well and suits my usage.

Apparently, we can edit the Collections.xml file to add other collections to it.

I have a custom or manually created collection of Kids Movies which now contains 80+ movies A significant portion of them are already part of another collection eg Ice Age Collection, Madagascar Collection etc. I want to add these as a collection rather than the individual movies they contain.

Attached is a copy of the .xml file for the Kids Movies Collection. It contains a couple of items pointing to existing collections but they appear to do nothing.

Are you able to provide the correct syntax to make it work?

Thankyou for any help.

jordy

Attached Files

#53 pünktchen OFFLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2117 posts
  • Local time: 08:10 PM

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

@pünktchen,

Hi, Luke suggested that you may be able to assist me with manual/custom collections.

Recently, and for reasons I cannot determine, the ability to add a collection to another collection has been removed. I would like that option back as it served me well and suits my usage.

Apparently, we can edit the Collections.xml file to add other collections to it.

I have a custom or manually created collection of Kids Movies which now contains 80+ movies A significant portion of them are already part of another collection eg Ice Age Collection, Madagascar Collection etc. I want to add these as a collection rather than the individual movies they contain.

Attached is a copy of the .xml file for the Kids Movies Collection. It contains a couple of items pointing to existing collections but they appear to do nothing.

Are you able to provide the correct syntax to make it work?

Thankyou for any help.

jordy

Sorry, the syntax of your collection.xml looks okay to me. Don't know what's going wrong on your side.

I can still add one collection to an other collection either by multi-select in the webif or direct editing of the xml file with 4.2.0.36.

Edited by pünktchen, 25 July 2019 - 02:58 PM.

#54 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1297 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 02:39 AM

Sorry, the syntax of your collection.xml looks okay to me. Don't know what's going wrong on your side.

I can still add one collection to an other collection either by multi-select in the webif or direct editing of the xml file with 4.2.0.36

Thanks for replying. I can add a collection to another collection using multi-select also, but like with manual edits of the xml file, I don't see the added collection on screen.

No idea whats going on.

Devs seem unable to answer it also :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users