Photo

Manual collections deleted

Best Answer Luke , 24 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Shot in the dark but please let me know if 4.2.0.36 helps, and if not, please attach a new server log from a library scan. thanks.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1298 posts
  • Local time: 11:15 PM
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:52 AM

@Luke, I'm just fine with what I had before, limitations or not, so I'll follow up on your suggestion.Thanks

HOWEVER, over the past two days I have twice created a NEW Collection and twice it has been deleted by Emby. Def not me and no-one else knows how or has any file system access to do this.

When I create the Collection it appears in this folder; <C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections> However, i'm thinking that the AutoBoxSets plugin is deleting it on it's scheduled refresh.

Can you check it out and fix it please before I lose a third one with manual edits.

Thanks

Edited by jordy, 18 July 2019 - 02:56 AM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134563 posts
  • Local time: 09:45 AM

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:59 AM

@Luke, I'm just fine with what I had before, limitations or not, so I'll follow up on your suggestion.Thanks

HOWEVER, over the past two days I have twice created a NEW Collection and twice it has been deleted by Emby. Def not me and no-one else knows how or has any file system access to do this.

When I create the Collection it appears in this folder; <C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections> However, i'm thinking that the AutoBoxSets plugin is deleting it on it's scheduled refresh.

Can you check it out and fix it please before I lose a third one with manual edits.

Thanks

Server log? thanks.

#3 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1298 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:05 AM

Here is today's log. There are a couple of hundred references to the "Kids Movies" collection. Early in the day I added some 60 odd movies to this collection, afterwards, a Library Scan is initiated, this is followed by ALL of the Collections being removed and deleted from the database.

2019-07-18 14:48:51.396 Info TaskManager: Executing Scan media library

at

2019-07-18 14:48:52.924 - My "Kids Movies" Collection is removed and deleted from the Database...

thanks

Attached Files

Edited by jordy, 18 July 2019 - 04:06 AM.

#4 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1298 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:34 AM

One more thing, Because I was adding so many movies to this collection, when adding the content of existing Collections eg Madagascar Collection, I was multi-selecting all of the included movies and then "adding them to Kids Movies as a group, the "Items saved" notification appeared but the movies were not added. I could only add them individually. Is this a bug or intended ?

You may be able to see this in action earlier in the log somewhere around 09:00.

thanks

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134563 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:12 PM

I see no problems using multi select to add to collections. @Happy2Play do you?

#6 Centory OFFLINE  

Centory

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 03:45 PM

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

Same here, this is terrible, i only! want to add my movies manualy to a collection, nothing more, not automatic, now i have zero collections...

Switched to stable, collections are back...

Edited by Centory, 18 July 2019 - 03:27 PM.

#7 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • Local time: 06:45 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

I see no problems using multi select to add to collections. @Happy2Play do you?

No I had no issue with existing custom collections or creating a new custom collection.

But the log above clearly shows multiple Collections being removed from the database at 14:48 and Kids Movies again at 16:35 as the collection ids is changing.  

Line 6654: 2019-07-18 14:48:52.924 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: BoxSet, Name: Kids Movies, Path: C:\Users\xxxxl\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections\Kids Movies [boxset], Id: 1368989
 Line 8978: 2019-07-18 16:35:12.518 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: BoxSet, Name: Kids Movies, Path: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections\Kids Movies [boxset], Id: 1369062

One more thing, Because I was adding so many movies to this collection, when adding the content of existing Collections eg Madagascar Collection, I was multi-selecting all of the included movies and then "adding them to Kids Movies as a group, the "Items saved" notification appeared but the movies were not added. I could only add them individually. Is this a bug or intended ?

You may be able to see this in action earlier in the log somewhere around 09:00.

thanks

I had no issue multi-selecting all the content within a collection and adding it to another or adding the collection itself.

Edited by Happy2Play, 18 July 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#8 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134563 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

Same here, this is terrible, i only! want to add my movies manualy to a collection, nothing more, not automatic, now i have zero collections...

Hi, remember we're here for testing preview versions.  That's not really how we test. Please make sure to see how to report a problem. thanks.

#9 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • Local time: 06:45 AM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:14 PM

How about a server log.  Everything is manual unless you install a plugin.  If switching version they are back, then obviously there is a issue with your beta reading the \data\collection folder then.

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134563 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:26 AM

Also as you have been on these 4.2.X betas, have you done any rollbacks to previous versions? That could be causing problems that we're not currently thinking of.

#11 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1298 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:01 AM

Also as you have been on these 4.2.X betas, have you done any rollbacks to previous versions? That could be causing problems that we're not currently thinking of.

if you're referring to me, No. Been permanently on Beta versions and haven't done Stable for years :)

And this is getting weirder by the day...

Yesterday, I added back my Kids Movies Collection and added 1 movie to it. It showed up correctly in the Collections Page. I edited the MetaData and changed the "Sort Title" to "01 Kids Movies" so that it would be shown at the top of the Collections list for easy access. - ALL Good.

Today, I checked the Collections Folder to see if Kids Movies had been removed again. It is still there. However, it no longer appears in the Collections Page in Emby Web UI. Nor does it appear in the "Add To Collections" list from the 3 dot menu. I was going to re-test the adding of multiple movies to a Collection using MultiSelect. But I cannot if I can't see it!

I'm just a little confused now.

Attached Files

Edited by jordy, 19 July 2019 - 03:02 AM.

#12 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1298 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:06 AM

@Luke,

So again this morning I re-created my Kids Movies Collection adding some 80 individual movies. It appeared in all the screens I expected it to - the Movies page and the Collections Page of the Web UI.

This evening when I got home and wanted to play a movie for my grandkids, the collection had again disappeared from the Web UI on both pages.

I checked the Collections folder and the "Kids Movies [Boxset]" folder was still there.

Is there any chance you can fix this sometime soon?

I really don't understand why you "fixed" something  that was not broken.

#13 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134563 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:00 PM

I have not been able to reproduce this but will keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

#14 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46046 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

What user are you using when looking for this?

Is there any chance that access permissions or parental control are actually just hiding it...?

#15 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1298 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:34 PM

What user are you using when looking for this?

Is there any chance that access permissions or parental control are actually just hiding it...?

I am using the only admin account on the server - Access all areas. No filters applied

Attached Files

Edited by jordy, 20 July 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#16 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Local time: 02:45 PM

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:39 AM

Hey Guys,

I am on version 4.2.0.33 beta.

I went into my collections and saw that all of the auto generated collections were there but all of my custom box sets were gone.  I went ahead and recreated them only to find that with the next library scan they had all disappeared again. They were all also locked to prevent changes. I also went into the collections metadata folder and the .xml file was still there with all of the fanart and backdrops. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.  It was frustrating to spend a few hours recreating them only to have them disappear immediately with a library scan....

#17 jordy OFFLINE  

jordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1298 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

@ebr, @Luke

So, are you guys doing something about this issue of disappearing Collections? or have you just moved on?

It's very clear from the Server log I posted that Emby is deleting Collections as part of some clean up/refresh process.

Again, I do not understand why you have changed/removed something that was not broken. You say that users are complaining that Collections within Collections is causing issues and they are not happy with how it works. I've not seen any complaints and I'm really not sure how else it can work. Some explanation would be nice so that we may all understand what you're trying to do or what others want that they didn't have.

#18 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134563 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

I haven't been able to reproduce but am keeping an eye out for it. Thanks.

#19 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46046 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

Hey Guys,

I am on version 4.2.0.33 beta.

I went into my collections and saw that all of the auto generated collections were there but all of my custom box sets were gone.  I went ahead and recreated them only to find that with the next library scan they had all disappeared again. They were all also locked to prevent changes. I also went into the collections metadata folder and the .xml file was still there with all of the fanart and backdrops. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.  It was frustrating to spend a few hours recreating them only to have them disappear immediately with a library scan....

Hi.  Do you have the server log from that library scan?

#20 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Local time: 02:45 PM

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

I think this might be the right one.  Let me know if you need anything else.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users