Picture Rotation not Updating thumbnail

kingy444

kingy444

Currently Running Stable Version 4.1.1.0

Looking here at a home video and photo collection

I have started going through to correct orientation of photos and noticed Emby is not detecting the update to the EXIF data correctly

In the logs emby does detect a change to the file, with an event registered every change that 'file will be refreshed' the thumbnail just never actually gets refreshed.

Could be just as simple as there is currently no event in Emby that 'if orientation changes generate new thumbnail' ? Just thinking out loud as a full refresh of the library (replacing images) corrects the issue. If I don't replace images the thumbnail stays in the wrong orientation

Happy2Play

There is a orientation fix in the next release 4.2.

kingy444

Thanks for the update!

Is there a singular register for 'known issues' and perhaps when they are targeted for?

Even just a list of the issues would be great, we know priorities change, but more than anything good to know it's been raised and there is no need to raise something for it on the forum

Thanks for the update!

Is there a singular register for 'known issues' and perhaps when they are targeted for?

Even just a list of the issues would be great, we know priorities change, but more than anything good to know it's been raised and there is no need to raise something for it on the forum

Well, the issues reported in the community.

kingy444

Well, the issues reported in the community.

Yea, but finding those is only as good as the search functionality and that heavily relies on decent tagging from the person posting.

I'm more talking a singular list hosted on github for instance.

We all see the fixes come through in the releases, simply suggesting these be listed in a single place to provide an easy way to check something has been raised

• 2 months later...
kingy444

Was this fix implemented ?

I am currently on 4.2.1 and still have this issue