Raspberry Pi 4 rewinding and fast forward a program being recorded?

mandj

Long Story short,

Been a Plex user for years, unable to watch a program currently being recorded unless you start watching it within 10 mins of recording start = Mad Wife, problem has existed for over a year and devs ignoring issue.

Moved to Emby, same issue but only on my 2 LG Tv's (Works fine on PC, Android etc

The inability to fast forward/rewind a program currently being recorded on LG TV's has also existed for over a year I have found looking on these forums but at least I know it works on most clients, just not the LG App

So!

I would like to buy a Raspberry Pi & Load the Emby Image onto it, can anyone please confirm if they can FF/RW a program whilst it is recording as this is a major dealbreaker!

on a side note, is it possible to get my LG Magic Remote to work with the Pi or would I need another remote?

Many Thanks in advance!

Hi there, you can currently rewind and fast forward live streams in some of our apps, but not all. We're going as fast as we can to get this supported in all of our apps. Thanks.

whyteknt

great to hear this.   this is the number one factor (only factor) holding me back from using this app now that guide data has been included.   thank you Luke.

OLED  LG smart tv user.   I tried for a few months, but the inability to move around in live recordings was too frustrating,

• 4 weeks later...
whyteknt

Can any LG Emby app users comment back if there any been any change/improvement on the last set of updates around moving around within LIVE TV streams being recorded on Emby?   I was holding out on subscribing again until that might be resolved, and I have not seen any indication on the Blog for LG Emby that this might have been worked on or changed.   Was hoping a current LG app user might be able to tell me.

the question is:  can you enter a recording while it is currently recording, go back to the beginning, and fast forward through commercials until you're caught up to 'live' tv.    It sounded like Luke had indicated this does work on other apps, just not the LG app yet.   Hoping the recent updates might have changed that.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
whyteknt

thank you Luke for that update.  I look forward to when that's working.   and next time I'll get this posted in the LG section where it should have been.  my bad.

• 3 months later...
easperhe

Hi there, you can currently rewind and fast forward live streams in some of our apps, but not all. We're going as fast as we can to get this supported in all of our apps. Thanks.

Luke, All,

What apps can you jump to any point in a currently recording stream today? Note, I can skip forward in the web client by only ~3 minutes. This is too painful to use when you want to skip 1.5 hours into a 3 hour football game.