Latest update breaks casting/streaming to Sonos speakers

braigo64

braigo64

The Emby Android app updated a few days ago and ever since it no longer works when streaming to our Sonos speakers.  Previously my wife could select her playlist and then send it to the Sonos speakers and everything worked fine. Now, when she does it the app continues to play the song on the phone and play the song on the Sonos speakers which are out of sync. Turning the volume down on the phone only seems to turn the volume down on the Sonos speaker instead. After one song plays everything stops.  What I expect it to do and what it used to do is after sending to the speaker the song would no longer be heard on the phone but would be heard from the Sonos speaker instead.

Not sure if this is an issue in the Emby server software itself or something in the Android app. I can try to procure logs if it helps, just not sure which ones are needed.

braigo64

Yes it plays on both and you can't get it to stop playing in emby while still casting to the speaker.  And it will all stop playing after one song and won't continue through the playlist.

Edited by braigo64

braigo64

Got it working but here's the steps we took.

My Emby android app updated yesterday (beta 3.0.63), wife's is the stable release last updated 7/9/19 and is 3.0.59.  Emby server is 4.1.1.0.

On her phone, opened Emby, went to playlists and selected a playlist. Tapped the first song. It started playing on the phone. Tapped the cast button at the top and selected the speaker. Nothing happened. Disconnected and tried again a couple times and then the speaker eventually started playing the song from the beginning while the phone was already about 20+ seconds into it.  Hitting pause in Emby paused it on the speaker but it kept playing on the phone. Closed the app entirely so everything would stop.

Then, opened Emby again. Went to playlists and selected the same playlist. Tapped the cast button at the top first and selected the speaker.  Then tapped the song to play and it worked right. Started playing on the speaker, did not play on the phone. But then it stopped about 30 or so seconds into the song.  Tapped the song to play again and it started over and played through each song in the playlist. So it seems to be working now but it took a few attempts and different steps to make it happen.

• 2 months later...