Question about auto collections

sundevil67
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

sundevil67

I'm not sure how much the screenshot helps, but for some reason, the system automatically creates a 'collection' for these 2 movies even though they are not technically related other than the fact that they have the same name in the title:

1) Enter the Ninja

2) Revenge of the Ninja

Don't judge me for my bad taste in cheesy 80's ninja movies  B)

I keep deleting the collection, only to have it show up again the next day. Any idea what's happening here?

server_log.txt

post-450995-0-60203300-1563329909_thumb.png

• Solution
Happy2Play

The "AutoBoxSets" plugin gets the collectionid from the metadata as TMDB has them as part of the collection.

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/373538-enter-the-ninja-collection

If you don't want them as a collection you will have to remove the collectionid from the item metadata and lock the metadata, then delete the collection via the UI.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how much the screenshot helps, but for some reason, the system automatically creates a 'collection' for these 2 movies even though they are not technically related other than the fact that they have the same name in the title:

Hi, the "system" gets this information from MovieDb. Based on that, why do you feel that it's a problem?

sundevil67

Thanks so much for trying to help! Mea culpa - I blew it this time & Emby was correct! So sorry - my ninja-movie memory  :ph34r: isn't what it used to be & I'd actually forgotten the details related to this franchise. The 2nd movie was technically a sequel even though it ignores the first chapter & has a different cast...It's one of those random one-offs in a franchise like Friday the 13th V, Fast and Furious 3, etc. Anyway, case closed. Thanks anyway  :unsure:  

• 1 year later...
Happy2Play
1 hour ago, scf said:

I don't have the Auto Box Set plugin installed, and I'm still getting collections I don't want. How do I fix this?

Can you go over a specific example and the server log of when it happened if possible.

I don't see a log. The specific case was a group of three movies: "Bulldog Drummond Escapes (1937)", "Bulldog Drummond's Peril (1938)", and "Bulldog Drummond's Revenge (1937)". I removed them from the collection and deleted the collection, but have no idea how the collection was created in the first place.

It will be in the logs.

Do you have other uses on your system?  Quite possibly one of them created the collection.

No other users,  just me.

The only items I see in the logs show the removals:

cat * | grep Bulldog
2020-10-03 00:38:07.865 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: BoxSet, Name: Bulldog Drummond, Path: /Users/scf/.config/emby-server/data/collections/Bulldog Drummond [boxset], Id: 26683
2020-10-03 00:38:07.866 Info App: Deleting path /Users/scf/.config/emby-server/data/collections/Bulldog Drummond [boxset]