Telegram notifications

Pog22

lundblad
On 8/21/2019 at 4:22 PM, darkside40 said:

Great

Is this plugin still working? please how to install? I paste folder "Emby.Plugin.TelegramNotification"  in plugins folder and also "Emby.Plugin.TelegramNotification.dll" How to configure? Emby server 4.6.0.6 Beta

Edited by mopsiptv

darkside40

Have you read anything in this thread, just at the beginning of the month someone had successfully installed it.

I normally dont care about betas so in only know it is working in the latest stable, an you fin install instructions on Github. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 2:15 AM, Luke said:

It's possible for the future. We're also going to have a webhooks feature soon, so maybe you could do telegram without a plugin.

Wondering whether it's possible now to use webhooks with telegram for new media notifications. Currently using  @darkside40 Telegram notification plugin and it's working great. But I'd love to be able to see cover images of the media in notifications.

darkside40

Sure would be possible, BUT for this to work your Emby Server must be reachable from the Internet via a Portforwarding with enabled SSL. 

I dont no if everybody is comfortable with that. 

• Like 1

darkside40

Had another looks at the Webhook feature and found some other drawbacks:

1. It is only available for Emby Premiere, i dont know why.

2. There is only a small subset Webhook Notifications available, newly added content is none of it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Prfilmes
On 12/24/2020 at 8:42 AM, darkside40 said:

Had another looks at the Webhook feature and found some other drawbacks:

1. It is only available for Emby Premiere, i dont know why.

2. There is only a small subset Webhook Notifications available, newly added content is none of it.

I installed the Plugin, but I am still unable to receive notifications of releases by telegrams of the posted files.
This plugin does this, we have some manual, or video for these details.
 I thank you and your work is very good

• 8 months later...

I've grabbed the dll file and tried building and dropping into Emby. The plugin loads but will not let me save the key and chat ID. Also nothing populates in the drop down for Configure Telegram notifications for:

I'm currently running Emby v4.6.4.0. Thoughts on what to check?

darkside40

Hard to say without knowing any further details of your system.

I have just made a fresh docker test install on my server, downloaded the tar.gz from Github, unzipped it into the plugins folder, restarted the server and had no issues. Works like a charm. I can configure the Plugin plugin, also a config xml is populated inside the plugins/configurations folder.

• 4 months later...
TJSNHS04

The plug-in works very well, some things should be improved for example, if you load more than 4 files the description is not incorporated but only the addition of the episode, it would be nice if it developed ... Emby version 4.6.7.0

Il plug-in funziona molto bene, alcune cose andrebbero migliorate ad esempio, se carichi più di 4 file non viene incorporata la descrizione ma solo l'aggiunta dell'episodio, sarebbe bello se si sviluppasse... Emby versione 4.6. 7.0

Edited by TJSNHS04

darkside40

Could you explain that more detailed. I really dont know what you mean. Maybe a screenshot would help.

The plugin also does have its own Thread now:

TJSNHS04
3 hours ago, darkside40 said:

Could you explain that more detailed. I really dont know what you mean. Maybe a screenshot would help.

The plugin also does have its own Thread now:

done in the new Thread