Telegram notifications

Pog22

• 1 month later...

good morning.

I've been using the first telegram version for a while and it works very well.
Now I have installed the new and perfect version.
Would there be the possibility of putting a cover photo?
style to this:

NfuGRqO.png

I have taken this out a telegram app from Plex tautilli
Greetings,
Edited by saed

No that ist not possible because the Notification Framework of Emby does not support it.

I have already asked the dev's for it and maybe this will be implemented in a future version of Emby:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76676-sending-a-picture-in-an-notification/

Hi. Ok, thank you for the answer.
Even so you have done a very good plugin.
Thank you for your work and effort. People like you make big emby.

Is it possible to add image for this plugin in the near future?
These types of plugins are very good for emby.

Greetings,

It's possible for the future. We're also going to have a webhooks feature soon, so maybe you could do telegram without a plugin.

darkside40

Webhooks are indeed a nice feature and you are correct in that case you could use Telegram + Emby with a plugin.

But if you want to use the Webhook technology you would have to make your server accessible from the internet which could be a problem for people who have security concerns or people who have an internet connection using DS-Lite.

It's possible for the future. We're also going to have a webhooks feature soon, so maybe you could do telegram without a plugin.

Webhooks are indeed a nice feature and you are correct in that case you could use Telegram + Emby with a plugin.

But if you want to use the Webhook technology you would have to make your server accessible from the internet which could be a problem for people who have security concerns or people who have an internet connection using DS-Lite.

Thank you very much for the reply.
I will try it when it is available.

By the way I have seen that in beta 4.3.0.11, we talk about the introduction of webhooks.
Can you already test?
or is it still in process?
thank you very much greetings

Thank you very much for the reply.
I will try it when it is available.

By the way I have seen that in beta 4.3.0.11, we talk about the introduction of webhooks.
Can you already test?
or is it still in process?
thank you very much greetings

Yes it is ready to use in 4.3.0.10+.

Yes it is ready to use in 4.3.0.10+.

excuse my ignorance.
I'm not familiar with how it works and what webhooks are all about.
Could you tell me how to configure or if there is any guide?
thank you
Greetings

excuse my ignorance.
I'm not familiar with how it works and what webhooks are all about.
Could you tell me how to configure or if there is any guide?
thank you
Greetings

Do you know what a webhook is?

sincerely. no

A webhook (also called a web callback or HTTP push API) is a way for an app to provide other applications with real-time information. A webhook delivers data to other applications as it happens, meaning you get data immediately.

So basically you would set up some other application, possibly of your own creation, and then Emby Server can send http notifications to that application whenever certain events occur.

Examples uses would be to setup Zapier or IFTTT and have the Emby webhooks feature connect to those applications. Once Zapier or IFTTT receives the notification, then you can configure it to perform certain actions based on that. Example of actions could be to connect to your home automation equipment and do certain things like dim the lights, or send notifications to your phones, or send notifications to just about anything you want.

Does that help?

A webhook (also called a web callback or HTTP push API) is a way for an app to provide other applications with real-time information. A webhook delivers data to other applications as it happens, meaning you get data immediately.

So basically you would set up some other application, possibly of your own creation, and then Emby Server can send http notifications to that application whenever certain events occur.

Examples uses would be to setup Zapier or IFTTT and have the Emby webhooks feature connect to those applications. Once Zapier or IFTTT receives the notification, then you can configure it to perform certain actions based on that. Example of actions could be to connect to your home automation equipment and do certain things like dim the lights, or send notifications to your phones, or send notifications to just about anything you want.

Does that help?

thank you
Yes, it has helped me a lot.
I'm going to look for information.
It may not be the last message you send.
Thanks for taking your time luke.
regards

• 11 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 10:25 AM, Pog22 said:

It's in scheduled tasks, the default is to run daily

Right now it's sending a notification after each item is added. is there a scheduled task or something we can adjust so that the notification only goes out weekly or daily vs immediately? or maybe another setting we can adjust to change the frequency of the notification? I don't see the options in the plug settings. Just found this plugin and seems great. It's probably an obvious setting I'm just not seeing. Thanks

Edited by Sab39
adding information

20 hours ago, darkside40 said:

Try the Playback Report Plugin

I just tried it. The first few times it didn't seem to be working, but according to the log, it's not seeing the content as new, so when the scheduled task is set to run, it won't send the notification because it's not seeing any content that's new. Interesting issue. I'll keep an eye on it.

I even scheduled the notification to run after the last library scan. so it should have seen the new content and then sent he notification.

I can't get it to work on a schedule. Not sure what's wrong. if anyone has it working on a schedule, shoot me a message on the exact settings you've got please. or can message me on telegram @Govshouse. Thanks. I don't know if its the embytelegramnotifications plugin (cause that works if I don't use the scheduling notification whenever I add new content). or if I disabled something or what else it could be. but the new media scans aren't picking up the new stuff I'm putting in there. The content shows up just fine in the locations it's supposed to but it doesn't show it in the Latest Movies or Latest Series lines so new items don't seem to be getting picked up somewhere in the chain.

1 hour ago, Sab39 said:

I can't get it to work on a schedule. Not sure what's wrong. if anyone has it working on a schedule, shoot me a message on the exact settings you've got please. or can message me on telegram @Govshouse. Thanks. I don't know if its the embytelegramnotifications plugin (cause that works if I don't use the scheduling notification whenever I add new content). or if I disabled something or what else it could be. but the new media scans aren't picking up the new stuff I'm putting in there. The content shows up just fine in the locations it's supposed to but it doesn't show it in the Latest Movies or Latest Series lines so new items don't seem to be getting picked up somewhere in the chain.

I got it to send on a schedule, but not without sending the notifications individually as well... Still tweaking. Will report back. It's at least seeing the new stuff added though now.

so the settings I have

settings for Telegram Notifications:

Configure Telegram Notifications For:

I selected a user

checked enabled

unchecked send descriptions (didn't want descriptions added in the notification)

Bot Token added

Chat ID added

Tested and successful (If I leave it just as this, each time an episode of a tv show or movie is added a notification is sent to the telegram group)

In Notification settings

Under Playback Reporting

New Media Report

Enabled is checked

Send Notification set to Custom (set the user to the user that the telegram notifications bot was set under)

Use the Following Service (Telegram Notifcations is Checked)

In Notifciation Settings

Under System

New Content Added

Enable Notifcations is Checked

Send Notification set to Custom (set the user to the user that the telegram notifications bot was set under)

Use the following notifications (Telegram Notifcations is unchecked) If I turn off this notifciation, then the new media wasn't being detected.

Under Scheduled Tasks Settings

Under Playback Reporting

New Media Notifcation

Scheduled the trigger for once a day, Time Limit 24hrs.

Unfortunately, this set up doesn't send the scheduled notifciation. When I had the New Content added checked off, it did send it. But I'm trying to eliminate the notification per add and just keep the scheduled notification.

Is that enough info to help me fix this issue? I have a feeling it's in these settings somewhere or some combination of them that I'm not figuring out.

Edited by Sab39

darkside40

@Sab39 beeing honest i have never made the scheduled Task working, but my Emby is in a Docker environment on an unRaid Server which uses the sleep plugin. Dont know if that interferes with the Emby Schedule System.

12 hours ago, darkside40 said:

@Sab39 beeing honest i have never made the scheduled Task working, but my Emby is in a Docker environment on an unRaid Server which uses the sleep plugin. Dont know if that interferes with the Emby Schedule System.

I've got the same set up. Emby in a docker using Unraid. My tweeks aren't getting this right. No sleep setting active on mine.

Edited by Sab39

• 1 month later...