Question about my SSL setup

deecemobile
Go to solution Solved by deecemobile,

deecemobile

Hi guys, big thanks to all who have posted walk throughs for setting up domains, DDNS, SSLs, etc. So far I have the domain name and DDNS working for HTTP traffic. But for whatever reason HTTPS traffic just times out everytime. I am relying on the UPnP protocol on my router instead of port forwarding and the bindings are correct. 443 is going to 8920, 80 goes to 8096. But I cannot connect via https:// or :443 ever. Even setting up manual port forwarding does not work. 

So I cannot tell if my certificate is even working but I shouldn't need the certificate to even connect via HTTPS, right? If the port binding is there I should be able to connect

I am using Certify the Web for the SSL and it has been correctly setup with my domain but I can't tell if Emby is really using it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by deecemobile

Hi, did you configure your certificate in the advanced section of the server?

deecemobile

Hi, did you configure your certificate in the advanced section of the server?

Yes I did. I used a PEM file. I've seen different posts about which file type it needs to be. I will redo that part with a different ssl provider but even if that was somehow incorrect, would that completely block the connection? Thanks