Lates ATV App - Oops. Something went wrong... Documents not found on stack

bubffm

bubffm

I had this message occasionally historically, then it disappeared for the previous release(s).

With the latest App for Apple TV, it is back at full strength. Movies play for a few seconds, then playback bumps out withe above message.  Restarting the movie repeats the behaviour. I have restarted the Apple TV as well. It then works for a while, just to start with the same message again afterwards.

Any Ideas?

corey

Hmmm... I haven't seen this behavior before and I'm sorry you're running into this issue. Can you describe exactly how you navigate to your movie and play it?

Jogi1986

I have the same problem on my Apple Tv 4 and 4K.

The problem is only since the last update. I then have to close the emby app via the App Switcher and reopen, then the message is gone.

Also, I have the problem that the app is still not fully translated into German. Only the settings are German. the rest is english.

• Like 1

corey

If either of you can create a repeatable test case then there's a good chance I can get this fixed (especially if I'm able to repeat although I may need access to your server to do this).

bubffm

Hmmm... I haven't seen this behavior before and I'm sorry you're running into this issue. Can you describe exactly how you navigate to your movie and play it?

Hmmm, not sure how to describe.  I'd say I do nothing out of the ordinary. Just browsing thru the library. selecting a movie and once I pick it, it starts playing for a few seconds, then crashes with the above message

NB: My Language Settings are English. And its an ATV 4K, Movie is also in 4k.  Some in m4v some in mp4 Format. Transcoding is disabled.

Edited by bubffm

Transcoding is disabled.

If you re-enable transcoding, does the problem go away?

bubffm

Can you try it?

Havent used it for so long, cant even find it in the settings now....  Can you give me a quick pointer were I find it.

@@bubffm

In the permissions for the the
Emby user that you are logging in with. So just click on that user in the user profiles list.

Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

bubffm

Thanks. I now had that streaming option activated. Makes no difference.  It just bombed out again with the same message.  An interesting observation on the fringes:  The audio stream keeps running after the video stream bombs out. 

Just had to reboot ATV to be able to keep watching. 

lordCONAN

I've also been having this problem. For me it seems to arise if I watch something, and after it has finished and I leave thew apple TV alone (without exiting emby), the apple tv goes to sleep, then when I wake it and try to watch something else after a few seconds the video exits to the previous menu and the document not in stack error appears, and like OP the audio continues running the whole time (can be stopped using the remote pause button). Closing the emby app and reopening/logging in again fixes the issue.

Edit: Looks like the apple tv doesn't even have to go to sleep. After completing an episode of a show, the next thing I try to watch pops up the error.

Edited by lordCONAN

lordCONAN

I installed the update yesterday (or the day before, can't remember which), so I'm currently on 4.2.0.40 and I am still receiving the same error.

@@lordCONAN

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about this. Is it possible to grant us temporary access to connect to your emby server and test ourselves? We think it is likely content related, that's the reason I'm asking. 

If this is OK, then please send me a PM with the details. Thanks !

bubffm

I'm on 4.2 since a couple of days and since then had no issues. 

I will continue to observe and let you know.

yaksplat
  • 2 weeks later...
Animosity022

I've been using Emby again and majority if my items direct play. I had a file that was producing the error and I was able to reproduce it on my ATV each time. Direct play would start and it would throw the error.

I'm happy to give some access and share if that helps to identify the issue. 

I've been using Emby again and majority if my items direct play. I had a file that was producing the error and I was able to reproduce it on my ATV each time. Direct play would start and it would throw the error.

I'm happy to give some access and share if that helps to identify the issue. 

Hi, yes that would be very helpful, thanks. Please send me a PM with the details.