Samsung Series 6 TV Connex Probs

register@sc.rr.com

register@sc.rr.com

I got rid of Plex because my Samsung Series 6 Smart TV couldn't recognize the server on my PC (Windows 10)) after the latest Plex upgrade.  installed Emby and love it .... however.  It worked briefly, but now it cant find the Emby server.  My tablet (Samsung) can, but not my TV.  I've tried different IP addresses, but nothing.  I've removed the Emby app from my TV and reinstalled.  Nothing.  I turned the TV off and back on.  Nothing.  I've got a lot invested in content that I need to play on my Smart TV.  HELP!

Hi, are you certain your tv is on the local network? Have you tried connecting by entering the server address manually?

register@sc.rr.com

Yep to both. As I said, it worked briefly. I tried the same address and anothersuggested on the server help page. I can use it on my tablet and phone.

Happy2Play

This topic sounds almost identical to your issue.  Could it be a firewall issues as it would appear there might be a public/private issue on Samsung Smart TV.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68839-cannot-connect-with-samsung-tv/?p=705341

Edited by Happy2Play