Hardware transcode sessions limit on GPU fail back to CPU in emby?

chef

lightsout

Sorry for the OT but might as well post the solution. I was ignoring the Quality Slider, I had previously just used MCEbuddy to edit commercials and remux a .TS, I then was cleaning them up with videoredo and dropping them into handbrake.

The quality slider was at 0. I don't know why but it seems to override the profile settings. Anyways I set the slider at 40%, and set my settings in the profile and am happy with what I am getting. Just letting MCEbuddy do all the work now and dropping them into my "Ready to Move" folder. Emby's Auto Organize plugin then sends them to their proper folder in my TV section.

Sammy

Any way to automate it ALL? I don't want to fuss with it.

I like set it and forget it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

lightsout

Any way to automate it ALL? I don't want to fuss with it.

I like set it and forget it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm doing. The last step is moving it to the correct folder after mcebuddy is done.

I haven't been happy with the auto organize plugin in Emby. Found an app called TV rename I think.

Messed with it for a few minutes. But looks like it only works if you already have a folder for the show. So if you record something new it won't transfer it. But thats the same problem that the auto organize plugin had.

• 2 months later...

The latest beta 2.5.1.x releases of MCEBuddy now have HWA built in and they use Handbrake unless you force ffmpeg. Working great without having to change the configuration file to prefer ffmpeg.

Here's the link to the hack.

https://github.com/keylase/nvidia-patch

I use it on win 10 not sure about win 7.

That card should be alright. If you can swing the 1060 6gb it's quite a bit better card. Not just the ram but processing power.

They also have a single fan model. Then again I have a 1050ti 4gb in my server and it suits me well. I got it for the same reason you mention. When using MCE buddy and other software my CPU cycles were getting eaten up.

I also use handbrake and allow the GPU to do the encoding. Gets like 150fps.

Finally got around to doing this. Set up 4 transcoding streams. Didn't break a sweat.

Finally got around to doing this. Set up 4 transcoding streams. Didn't break a sweat.

Cool! Windows 7? That's great news.

• Like 1