Emby for Kodi adding movies I don't want added.

lightsout

lightsout

I setup emby for Kodi. I only want three libraries synced. Movies, TV shows and 4k. They show up fine. But on the front page of Kodi under movies I see all my kids stuff which is a section I didn't add. How do I prevent this from showing up?

Angelblue05

If you launch Emby for Kodi, do you see the kids library (dynamic)? If it doesn't say dynamic, that means the library is synced to Kodi, so right click the entry and select remove from Kodi.

lightsout

If you launch Emby for Kodi, do you see the kids library (dynamic)? If it doesn't say dynamic, that means the library is synced to Kodi, so right click the entry and select remove from Kodi.

Yes it says dynamic. I don't see a way to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

Then the library is not added to the Kodi library. Are you sure the content you see on the home screen is from Emby for Kodi? What is the widget it's pointing to?

Which skin are you using?

lightsout

Then the library is not added to the Kodi library. Are you sure the content you see on the home screen is from Emby for Kodi? What is the widget it's pointing to?

Which skin are you using?

It might not be. I uninstalled all sources. Uninstalled Emby for Kodi. But the files remained. But they weren't playable so I figured Emby for Kodi was somehow linking to them, when I reinstalled they are playable again. I was using the stock skin. I'm now using embuary and I see they fall into a section called "all minutes". It does it with TV also adding my kids TV shows to an "all shows" section. Which I guess with the default skin is what Kodi shows on the front page.

Let me ask you is the intended usage that I go to add-ons and select this add-on? Or just go through the main sections of movies and TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

I am confused. It does sound like Emby for Kodi has added that content. Did you interrupt a sync in the past, that it partially added content then you cancelled the process?

Try syncing the libraries then removing them as I described earlier. Does that help?

All movies and All tv shows entries are Kodi shortcuts. They will display everything without filters. Embuary should also show your synced libraries as shortcuts which is your Kodi library filtered by tag based on the library name. They link to the add-on's Emby libraries entries.

Edit: You can customize what you see on the homescreen via Kodi skin settings. Not all skin can be edited, but Embuary should achieve the closest result to Emby without much work.

Edited by Angelblue05

lightsout

Ok thanks man, I think I am just going to wipe Kodi's data and start over. I have messed around here and there with too many plugins and I am a noob when it comes to kodi.

Angelblue05

No problem.

Here is what I would try. Launch Emby for Kodi > Reset local database. Yes/(No or yes)/No.

Then once you start Kodi back up, try syncing a single library, check to see if the kids stuff is readded. If not, launch Emby for Kodi > manage libraries > add libraries. Add the rest of your libraries.

Feel free to ask questions :)

Edited by Angelblue05

lightsout

The thing is I don't want the kids stuff to show. But I went back to embuary and this has really become a moot point. I see the options for all movies but my libraries are there anyways so I should be fine. Thanks man.