Trailers being added to Homepage within libraries

etchouta

etchouta

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I could not locate an answer with the search function.

I am a long time user of Emby and decided to add a 3rd NAS server to my home recently. I moved some media around to optimize storage, then started creating a new "Movies" server on a new Synology NAS. I moved files over, and after a while the libraries were all scanned (I set up each movie genre as a separate library). All the metadata in my library was created with MCM with the option to create the XBMC/Kodi nfo file as well as the xml legacy format. For the trailers I have been religiously following the format - example from the wiki:

/Movies
   /Home Alone (1990)
      /VIDEO_TS
      /trailers
         trailer.mkv

The issue I am running into is that all trailers now show up in the thumbnails (homepage and library lists) as if they were individual movies with thumbnails created and even nfo file created in the \trailers subfolders. I was wondering if there was a setting I missed somewhere? I don't want to manually delete the thumbnails and nfo files for hundreds of movies if these will get created again during the next library scan...

Thanks.  

Happy2Play

Hi, what version of emby server? @@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

No, tested on 4.1.1.0 (Movie and Mixed content type).

etchouta

Hi, what version of emby server? @@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

I am running 4.1.1.0. and this was a fresh install on a brand new NAS. Also worth mentioning that those trailers are all local and were all manually added over the years.

etchouta

What is the content type of the library that you did this with?

These are all "Movies" libraries based on genre (4K, Family, Comedy, etc.). Everything in the libraries works fine (metadata, art, people, etc.).  

What you could try to do is move one of these titles out of your library temporarily, then run a full scan to clear it out of the database, and then add it back. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

etchouta

What you could try to do is move one of these titles out of your library temporarily, then run a full scan to clear it out of the database, and then add it back. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

Tried moving a few movies in and out of the library with scans in between. The trailers still appear as main items in the library (26 movies, 26 "trailers 2016" for a total of 52 items). When I remove 3 movies, the count goes down to 23/23/46.

I noticed that some trailers folders had .bif, .nfo and poster.jpg files, so I deleted all of those and just kept the "trailer.mkv/mp4/avi" file before re-adding the items to the library. When re-scanning after adding the items back, it was back to the beginning, with this time only the .nfo and poster.jpg added.

I uninstalled the Nfo metadata plug-in to see if I would get different results, and went through the process again, and this time only "poster.jpg" was added, but the trailers still appear as main items in the libraries.

I must be missing something in a setting somewhere that somehow sets how Emby handles the folder structure? I tried to compare with my previous server (which is also running with is dedicated to TV shows and home videos now) and couldn't figure out what setting was different (other server runs of a HTPC whereas this one is hosted on the NAS)... 

For example my files are:

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Backdrop.jpg

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Backdrop31.jpg

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Black Panther (2018).mkv

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Black Panther (2018).nfo

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Black Panther (2018)-320-10.bif (new since moving to this new server)

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Black Panther (2018)-logo.png

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Black Panther (2018)-poster.jpg

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\folder.jpg

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\movie.xml

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\mymovies.xml

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Subs\

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Subs\Black Panther (2018).idx

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Subs\Black Panther (2018).srt

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\Subs\Black Panther (2018).sub

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\trailers\

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\trailers\poster.jpg (new since moving to this new server)

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\trailers\trailer.mp4

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\trailers\trailer.nfo (new since moving to this new server)

\4K\Black Panther (2018)\trailers\trailer-320-10.bif (new since moving to this new server)

Thanks!

Edited by etchouta

The issue might be the subs folder, which is not supported in 4.1 but will be in the upcoming 4.2. thanks.

• Like 1

etchouta

The issue might be the subs folder, which is not supported in 4.1 but will be in the upcoming 4.2. thanks.

My issue is there for movies that do not have a "Subs" folders as well (I tested both to make sure I covered all the bases).

Ok, I'm really not sure then. I would suggest reevaluating when 4.2 is released. Thanks.

Rodiefs

For what it's worth, I've seen similar behavior of adding nfo and folder.jpg files to a trailers folder a while back. But not to your extent. I also use MCM with the option to create the XBMC/Kodi nfo file as well as the xml legacy format.

In my environment, I found two possible reasons:

Misspelling of supported sub-folders. For example my mis-spelling "trailers" sub-folder as "trailors" or "trailer". I think that this also happened with the "backdrops" sub-folder as well.

or

When moving scanned movie folders (seems to happen only when moving more than one - several- movie folders at once) with subfolders from one Emby movie folder to another. It seems that Emby may be auto-scanning and adding those nfo and folder.jpg files to the sub-folder before the entire file folder move is completed. My workaround for this is to shut EMBY server down, move files, start EMBY Server and run manual scan.

I typically delete unwanted files and/ or correct the spelling, if necessary, and run a manual scan to fix.

Hope that this helps.

Regards

etchouta

Thanks Rodiefs,

I have done a lot of file/library moving in in the last few weeks between NAS machines and multiple instances of Emby servers, and that might have been the reason behind the issue? I thought I added each library separately and shut down the server between libraries, but will try again this weekend after manually removing the unwanted files. There is no spelling mistake in my case. 

Thanks Rodiefs,

I have done a lot of file/library moving in in the last few weeks between NAS machines and multiple instances of Emby servers, and that might have been the reason behind the issue? I thought I added each library separately and shut down the server between libraries, but will try again this weekend after manually removing the unwanted files. There is no spelling mistake in my case. 

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.