Forgotten Password

oliphant
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

oliphant

I am locked out of my Emmy account. When I login I see a message saying wrong username or password. When I try to change my password, the password is only good to login to Emmy Community. I need help.

Hi.  Exactly where are you seeing the message?  Using what app and how are you logging into your server?

oliphant

Thank you for the quick response ebr. When I try to log in to the Emby app on my TV is where the message pops up. I have no idea what you mean when you ask “how are you logging in to the server?”. Is emby the server? Is it possible to do this over the phone?

By "the server" he means your emby server. Is this your server that you're trying to access, or someone else's server?

Vein VOD Server 7

If that's someone else's Emby Server, then you'll need to contact them because it sounds like they may have revoked your access.

oliphant

Luke it says that you are admin. If you work for Emby I cannot begin to explain just how frustrating it is to have to READ you insinuate I am using someone else’s account when I have paid to use Emby and cut off my cable because I thought emby was the best solution for my family. And now that I have mysteriously been kicked out of my account I cannot get anyone on the phone to walk me thru the process of accessing the app or have someone verify that I have a valid account. This makes no sense. I understand most apps do not have a hotline to call in on, but I have never purchased access to an app that so difficult to log back into... and then when you consider the fact that I never logged out, that only adds to my frustration.

CBers

I cannot begin to explain just how frustrating it is to have to READ you insinuate I am using someone else’s account

He asked if you were using someone else's (Vein VOD Server 7) server, ie., you haven't installed Emby on your own computer.

Please confirm that before you proceed further.

• Solution

I was only watching Emby on my TV using a fire stick.

Emby is a personal media server. Your account is managed by the owner of the emby server you're connecting to. It sounds like they may have revoked your access so you will need to contact them about it. Does this answer your question?

• Like 1