Playlists Displayed As Category On Homescreen

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I'd like to request that the Playlist library have a displayed category and, "widget" on the homescreen in the similar fashion that movies, TV shows, music are shown.
I create topical/seasonal playlists that I'd like my family members to see displayed from the homescreen with "recently added" carousel style.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, playlists are only accessible via their shortcut in the, "My Media" section.

Thanks for your consideration!

• Like 8
  • Agree 8

atomicmoon

Hi there, have you explored your emby user home screen settings?

I have, and the only options for playlists I can see are to display them in the "My Media" section, and what order they are displayed.

I'm talking more so along the lines of, "Display in home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching" that can be found in the home screen settings.

I would like a horizontal section with the latest playlists in the same fashion that latest movies, TV shows, music and similar get a scrollable section.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
justmejustme

Is there any chance of adding this?

Right now, if I don't watch something within a month or so of adding it, we forget it's there, never to be seen again. So I've been adding things to an "I actually want to see this" playlist, but it doesn't show up on Emby quite how it should - as a top-level list.

Ok we currently don't do that at this point.

• 1 year later...

Another vote for this feature because it's something that I've been hoping for years, so Emby Homescreen is not limited to just libraries and the few Home screen sections .

Users should be able to show custom playlist or ONLY playlists on home screen if we want to, because let's face it, categories like TV, Movies can't simply categorize all the different topics, genres, watch sequence etc.

Edited by mbguy
  • Like 2

If this customizable and personalized playlists feature is added, then many useful and/or functional playlists such as the following can be created:

• "Best Foreign Films to Watch" playlist to be recognized as "Library" so it will show up as a row of titles when I enable it in "Latest media"
  • "Holiday Season Movies"
  • "Must Watch Again"
  • etc

Right now, it's a very frustrating and cumbersome experience navigating in Emby. For example, one has to navigate to My Media > Playlists > Select Playlist > Scroll scroll scroll > Oops Wrong Playlist > Navigate Back > Check all playlists titles again > Spend more time looking around for the correct playlist > Go in again > Scroll scroll scroll > Select Movie > Play

How is this even acceptable to anyone? 😡

If these customizable playlists are listed in "Latest Media" or some kind of newly developed "Playlist Home screen" then multiple groupings (playlists) of specific movies and/or shows will be possible. Posters will be clearly listed in rows for easy identification and selection of the correct movies/show to watch or cue up.

Netflix style, except it would be even better because we get to choose the name of customized playlists.

Edited by mbguy
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
TheUrbanXplorer
On 2/6/2022 at 3:56 AM, Luke said:

Hi, more control over this is planned for the future. Thanks.

When is the future? Could also need this urgently.😀

• 3 months later...
Adrifresh

Does anymone know if this feature is available anywhere?

I am NOT brand loyal. If I can have a curated playlist as a top level Library, I'll switch.

I have too much stuff for my husband to watch. A live playlist of his favorite shows, on random as a top level library would make my life a LOT easier.

I just want to have Smart Playlists a top level option.

Why is it so hard?

• 8 months later...

Playlists will be a configurable home screen section in the upcoming 4.8 server release.

When you select Playlists as a home screen section, you'll be able to see all Playlists within that section on the home screen.