I am not able to find a list of features for Live TV

cradle

cradle

I use Emby for my own media, and would like to cut cable and use it for Live TV from OTA. The only thing that is holding me back is a DVR and the ability to pause and rewind Live TV. I have done a lot a lot of research and I have decided on 3 possible solutions, with Emby being my first choice, as I currently use it for all of my other media.  However I am finding it very difficult to find information on the basic  features of Live TV includes.. Are you able to pause and rewind live TV? If so for how long?  Is there a video demo anywhere?

My current install is on Ubuntu.

I use Roku for my TVs

I am planning on using HDHomeRun for the OTA streamer

arrbee99

Far as I know, which isn't much, in Emby you can pause and rewind Live TV. I believe it might need to transcode the stream to do it. Might possibly depend on the model of Homerun.

Unfortunately where I live Homeruns aren't available, I use Windows not Linux and Shield / Fire TV not Roku.

And you need Premiere, but if you haven't got could always trial for a month.

This https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Introduction-to-Live-TV-and-DVR might help (too lazy to read it myself though :) )

Edited by arrbee99

denz

The issue with roku that it takes a while to start live tv not sure why unless it has been improved in the recent roku.

The pvr is reasonably ok it still has a while to go if you ever used wmc. I use it daily and happy with it.

Get premiere for month and try it out that is the best way.

Hi.  Yes you can pause and rewind Live TV.  I believe on the Roku you should be able to rewind as far back as when you started the stream (playing that particular channel).

Did this answer all your questions?