Anime plugin bug/problem (anidb)

gamezonline

gamezonline

Im having problem getting the anime plugin to play nice with anidb. When searching for anime for example Accel World, it will return with nothing or it will return with "undefined" with no cover art. I also tryed searching for the anime with its "ID", example a8691 (tryed with the leading "a" and with out) and same thing. hoping someone can help me out, maybe im doing something wrong?

ken-ji

Hi, the latest version of the Anime plugin 1.3.x on the latest stable version of Emby 4.1.1.0 encounters an issue when trying to download the anime-titles.xml file from AniDB as they want a UserAgent as part of that request. Also, with a large enough collection, even the latest Anime plugin 1.4.x on the latest beta of Emby 4.2.0.28, I still trigger the ban algorithm for hitting the API too often. When that happens I stop refreshing for a few days. and clear out the cache for the Anime plugin. The cache should be under {Emby Config Dir}/cache/anidb/series.

@@Luke, I've had to change the timers on the RateLimiter to something fairly extreme and slows my Library scan down a lot, but I was able to keep scrapping in the last 12hr vs the <1hr it takes for my IP to get banned. I'm still rebuilding my library and will try to finish it before trying to tweak the timers to use the one in the settings.

RateLimiter(TimeSpan.FromSeconds(10), TimeSpan.FromSeconds(20), TimeSpan.FromMinutes(5));

EDIT - spoke too soon. Just hit the ban hammer again. I guess I should restructure my Library to be able to scan/scrape a small portion at a time. Is there a way to make multiple libraries and sort of collect them together for the user?

Edited by ken-ji

gamezonline

Most of the time i do, but there's a few anime that tvdb dont play nice with, and tvdb dont support/do "Adult" anime at least that what i heard <.<

Edited by gamezonline

ken-ji

@@Luke, In my case, I don't like the IMO brain dead way anime is structured in TVDB  to match Western programming.

Again is there a way to break up a Library into a bunch of folders/sub libraries and selectively refresh/scrape the meta data? and still present it as a single Library to the viewer?

Not currently, no, you'd have to do separate libraries. But smart views/playlists could allow that in the future, to merge them.

• 8 months later...
Ascentw

Just going back to this topic, is there a specific reason why emby doesn't get the cover art of the anime when using anidb? it would be nearly perfect if at least the cover art of was imported, but for some reason it does not.

I was trying to follow the anidb tutorial of this topic https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2279-anime/

the episodes names seems to work fine, and the episodes are actually listed correctly. (like it is impossible to organize monogatari using themoviedb, so I had to deactivate tmdb metadata for the library), but it does not load the cover for the anime.

If there was a fix or improve on anidb metadata for images, it would be really awesome.

Grateful, Ascent.

Edited by Ascentw

• 2 weeks later...

Just going back to this topic, is there a specific reason why emby doesn't get the cover art of the anime when using anidb? it would be nearly perfect if at least the cover art of was imported, but for some reason it does not.

I was trying to follow the anidb tutorial of this topic https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2279-anime/

the episodes names seems to work fine, and the episodes are actually listed correctly. (like it is impossible to organize monogatari using themoviedb, so I had to deactivate tmdb metadata for the library), but it does not load the cover for the anime.

If there was a fix or improve on anidb metadata for images, it would be really awesome.

Grateful, Ascent.

Hi, we'd have to go over a specific example. Thanks.