How to Force Show Identification

Dizzy49
Go to solution Solved by Dizzy49,

Dizzy49

I have a show "Astra Lost in Space".  It's in thetvdb.com.  I copied the name from thetvdb.com and into a folder "Astra Lost in Space (2019)", and put a "Season 1" folder in there as well.

For some reason Emby is not picking it up.  When I go into Metadata Manager and expand the folder it does not appear.  Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened.  

How can I get the folder to appear and force it to the correct show at thetvdb.com ?

Thanks!

It's just like any other new content. You need to be patient and wait for either the real-time monitor or the library scan to pick it up. Were you patient?

Happy2Play

I had no issue adding a folder named "Astra Lost in Space (2019)" with a Season 1 folder and did a library scan.  This was a Mixed content test library, but shouldn't make a difference.

5d2a8b4959dce_test.jpg

2019-07-13 18:51:07.880 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to ::1. Time: 13ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/Items/39ab880ce087d33c14a389b52319a083/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=Default&MetadataRefreshMode=Default&ReplaceAllImages=false&ReplaceAllMetadata=false
2019-07-13 18:51:08.993 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Astra+Lost+in+Space+(2019)&language=en
2019-07-13 18:51:09.118 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Astra+Lost+in+Space&language=en
2019-07-13 18:51:09.207 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/series/361456/all/en.zip
2019-07-13 18:51:09.552 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/find/tt10483250?api_key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&external_source=imdb_id
Edited by Happy2Play

Dizzy49

It's just like any other new content. You need to be patient and wait for either the real-time monitor or the library scan to pick it up. Were you patient?

Well, I added the folder to my Anime (set as TV Shows) folder about 930am on Friday and I manually ran a Library Scan.  About 3pm today I ran another Library Scan and it still wasn't there.

It's now 1030pm, and it's still now showing up in the list of shows, or the metadata manager.

Can you please discuss the folder structure? That's the only other possible cause. Thanks.

Dizzy49

D:\Anime\Astra Lost In Space (2019)\Season 1\

I have hundreds of other anime shows working fine.  But, like I said, this isn't the first time I've had this happen.

And what is the actual file name of the episode?

Any chance it has been ingested but identified as another part of or version of some other episode...?

Dizzy49

And what is the actual file name of the episode?

Any chance it has been ingested but identified as another part of or version of some other episode...?

We aren't even to that point.

I create the folders, let Emby detect the show, THEN I put the file into the "Sort" folder for Auto Organization.  Then I have to create a Smart Match for it since the files have the asian titles, and Emby has the English ones.

In the past I've tried to put one or two files in the season folder, but that's a pain to do all the renaming(<show name> SxxEyy.mkv), and about 30% of the time it would detect the show correctly, but when I moved the files to the auto organize so they would be renamed with the full show name, and episode title, Emby would just move the file w/o renaming it.  I'm entirely too OCD for that and I end up manually renaming them.

5d2b865e24fd8_Screenshot_1.png

5d2b866fd600a_Screenshot_2.png

5d2b86a2b3853_Screenshot_3.png

Dizzy49

OK, I think I may have found the problem. 

So when I double click folders to get to the folder I see this:

5d2baddc6daad_Screenshot_4.png

BUT,  if I click in the path, I see this:

5d2bae018a4a6_Screenshot_5.png

I first created the folder with the Kanata no Astra folder name, but then I renamed it.  So, it seems like there is a funky filesystem issue going on.

• Solution
Dizzy49

Ok, so I deleted the folder.  Emptied the Recycle Bin, and for good measure I copied a large file onto the drive to overwrite things.

I then created a new folder with the "Astra Lost in Space (2019)" name.  I forced a rescan in Emby Server, and it's there and works.

So yeah, odd Filesystem issue.  Emby must have been seeing the Kanata no Astra folder

• Like 1