Lock playlist to only admin edit it.

matheusigds

matheusigds

Can we lock the movie order in a playlist? I want to make a MCU movie sequence, but anyone can change the order in it and i need it to be always the same order.

• Like 8
  • Agree 3

Hi, yes we plan to revamp channel management in a future update to allow you to better control his. Thanks.

Spaceboy

Hi, yes we plan to revamp channel management in a future update to allow you to better control his. Thanks.

wrong keyboard shortcut. This is playlist inadequacies

• 1 year later...
sbrindley

Is this still something in the works?  I would love to see this feature as well.  I'm constantly having to rearrange and fix my playlists due to any user being able to intentionally or accidentally edit the playlist movies and/or order.

Edited by sbrindley

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
BaiGanJia
On 12/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, Luke said:

Yes, stay tuned. Thanks.

do you have any next steps?

We have the same pursuit. Just hope emby  gets better.

We put forward opinions, not just for feedback, but hope that you can deal with it as soon as possible to make it better.

• 11 months later...
sbrindley

Just curious if there has been any update for this that may have snuck by that I didn't notice.  Would really be nice to keep my users from being able to edit my/specific playlists.  Thanks!

28 minutes ago, sbrindley said:

Just curious if there has been any update for this that may have snuck by that I didn't notice.  Would really be nice to keep my users from being able to edit my/specific playlists.  Thanks!

Hi, not yet, but stay tuned.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Oracle

Is this still ongoing? I am tired of having to move stuff around and this appears to be a wanted feature for years.

• 7 months later...
On 7/13/2019 at 3:02 PM, matheusigds said:

Can we lock the movie order in a playlist? I want to make a MCU movie sequence, but anyone can change the order in it and i need it to be always the same order.

This will be in Emby Server 4.8, but not locked to admin, locked to the person that created the playlist. And then also anyone they grant access to to edit it.