modem change

bass

Hello, replaced my spectrum/timewarner all in one router modem with their new seperate modem and router. These feed into my tp-link  switch. I can connect to emby both in and out of my network by entering the local or remote address in browser as necessary. app.emby.media and emby connect allow me to click on server and connect then come back with "we're unable to connect to selected server at this time. please insure it is running and try again". I followed the connectivity wiki and opened ports 8096 and 8920 then verified with can you see me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy2Play

The detected server shown on app.emby.media will be pointing to the old ip address.  You will probably have to delete these link and recreate them (add server) if this are not updating.

5d2905c64ee92_app.jpg

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately when I try to add a server it comes back with "connection failure we're unable to connect to the selected server right now. please ensure it is running and try again."

How did you try adding the server? Are you sure the address you used is correct? Where did you get it from?

Hello, I signed in with emby connect. Now that I deleted my old link it says "No servers are available to connect to. If you've been invited to share a server, make sure to accept it below or by clicking the link in the email." I click on the add server button and enter the ip address that I use to connect locally in the web browser.

Right because you deleted the server as happy2play suggested. Now you will need to link your server to emby connect again from the emby server dashboard like you did the first time.

Happy2Play

Right because you deleted the server as happy2play suggested. Now you will need to link your server to emby connect again from the emby server dashboard like you did the first time.

But adding the server should do the same correct? I am able to delete servers and re-add them, without going to the dashboard.  But I can see how going to the dashboard and removing and re-adding Connect username can be easier though

Thanks for all the help. Still no luck. When I try to add a user I get this 

There was an error adding the Emby Connect account. Have you created an Emby account? Sign up at https://emby.media/connect
If you're still having an issue, please send an email to apps@emby.media from the email address used with the Emby account.

I don't think you want to add a user. You probably already have one on your local server that you want to use. Am I right?

Happy2Play

Not ideal if you have a lot of users but removing the Connect Username hitting save then re-adding it and hitting save will/should automatically repopulate the server on app.emby.media.  At least it did in my test.

5d294e7558b8b_user.jpg

Again I truly apreciate the help. i did as happy2play suggested. when I went to log in the server was there this time. but it came came back with the same message."we're unable to connect to selected server at this time. please insure it is running and try again".

Then instead of using Emby Connect can you try adding a server into the app by entering the address manually? If you still can't connect that way, then that means that the connection just can't get through following the modem change.

Happy2Play

Hello, replaced my spectrum/timewarner all in one router modem with their new seperate modem and router. These feed into my tp-link  switch. I can connect to emby both in and out of my network by entering the local or remote address in browser as necessary. app.emby.media and emby connect allow me to click on server and connect then come back with "we're unable to connect to selected server at this time. please insure it is running and try again". I followed the connectivity wiki and opened ports 8096 and 8920 then verified with can you see me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right this makes no since if canyouseeme.org shows the ports open and you can connect with the Remote IP address listed on the dashboard.

Q-Droid

Hello, I signed in with emby connect. Now that I deleted my old link it says "No servers are available to connect to. If you've been invited to share a server, make sure to accept it below or by clicking the link in the email." I click on the add server button and enter the ip address that I use to connect locally in the web browser.

Shouldn't it be the external public IP address?