Emby Fire TV App Fees

johnbil

johnbil

I've installed your free EmbyserverPort41110 on my Windows 7 PC and the Emby app on my TV, which features Amazon Fire TV. They work fine.

My whole purpose is only just to watch videos from my PC on my TV. Although Amazon.com lists the app as 'free', I get a 'Trial' message whenever I play a video. How do I go forward after the app's expiration date?

KMBanana

1 time in app payment in the firetv app for just that device, or unlocking emby premiere on the server (your PC) which is available in monthly, yearly and lifetime options.  

Hi.  The store listing does have this notation in it but I guess many people don't notice it.

NOTE: This app is free and is functional for browsing your Emby collection. Playback will be functional for a two-week trial period after which, you either need to subscribe to Emby Premiere OR unlock with a small in-app purchase.

For more information, please see: Emby Premiere

Thanks and welcome!

johnbil

Thanks for the replys.

Then the Emby app is not free. It's a demo. It should not be listed under a heading of 'Free'. That's just misleading.

Any idea of how much the 'small in-app purchase' price is for this 'free' software? Is it a one time payment?

post-488679-0-76632000-1562998316_thumb.jpg

maegibbons

It is free to browse your media. Just not to.play it after the two week trial.

Krs

Mark

johnbil

The whole purpose of this type of app is to actually play the videos that you already know are there.

Does anyone know how much the 'one time payment' to play them is?

The whole purpose of this type of app is to actually play the videos that you already know are there.

Does anyone know how much the 'one time payment' to play them is?

Hi.  It varies by region but you can see by just going to the screen in the app where the choice is offered (on the last row of the home screen).

Thanks.

Then the Emby app is not free. It's a demo. It should not be listed under a heading of 'Free'. That's just misleading.

Hi.  It is listed as free but with in-app purchases just like any other limited use game, etc.  We also make sure we note the limitation in the app description.

• 6 months later...

just a question followinf this treath ... I have Amazon fire TV and install emby to link to my NAS and Emby Server.

Now a get the message "in trial expire in 2 days, unlock or ..."

=> WHERE should I connect to, for paying this 5 $ or € ??? I Don't find any link for this, but many persons have the same issue … where is the solution ?

=> WHERE should I connect to, for paying this 5 $ or € ??? I Don't find any link for this, but many persons have the same issue … where is the solution ?

Hi. Please see here.

Thanks!

hi

just ot be sure you unterstandand me ... I just want to unlock, not having all the premiere features; 

:)

Oh.  Okay, well there is a button on the bottom row of your home screen.  Thanks.

Hi,

thanks both for your response, but I don't follow what you said (may be my english isn't good enough).

On my network I have a NAS which is hosting emby. On this home network I have:

- some Android phones with the emby app, connected over WIFI

- one Laptop under Windows 10, wired connected

- my old TV with a Amazon fire TV sticks, wired connected 

- a PC on Windows 10, with no Emby App

I just want to stream from the phones, PC and TV to the NAS Server; I don't want to have any data exchange from the NAS server to the internet 

On all those equipments, I have different response of the APP:

- Android: works without any issue, no message

- Windows 10 over emby: I can only play 1 minute

- TV: 2 Week of test, should end this week

On my PC:

- Windows 10 over Edge: no message

- Accessing to the admin console, no issue, and no where to say unlock

I read somewhere in the forum, it can be unlock for some $ (I understand, the work need to be paid), but where … 

=> on which material (App or admin console, and in which App) should I go and press which button ?

Thanks for explanations

horstepipe

@@ebr

What if the admin has Emby premiere but the user buys the in app purchase anyway? Will the device count for the device limit?

Hi,

thanks both for your response, but I don't follow what you said (may be my english isn't good enough).

On my network I have a NAS which is hosting emby. On this home network I have:

- some Android phones with the emby app, connected over WIFI

- one Laptop under Windows 10, wired connected

- my old TV with a Amazon fire TV sticks, wired connected 

- a PC on Windows 10, with no Emby App

I just want to stream from the phones, PC and TV to the NAS Server; I don't want to have any data exchange from the NAS server to the internet 

On all those equipments, I have different response of the APP:

- Android: works without any issue, no message

- Windows 10 over emby: I can only play 1 minute

- TV: 2 Week of test, should end this week

On my PC:

- Windows 10 over Edge: no message

- Accessing to the admin console, no issue, and no where to say unlock

I read somewhere in the forum, it can be unlock for some $ (I understand, the work need to be paid), but where … 

=> on which material (App or admin console, and in which App) should I go and press which button ?

Thanks for explanations

Hi.  Our Feature Matrix explains which apps can be unlocked and which ones require Premiere or are free and also what features are included in each.

Does that answer your questions?

@@ebr

What if the admin has Emby premiere but the user buys the in app purchase anyway? Will the device count for the device limit?

In the Fire and Android TV apps, no but I'm not sure we've gotten that logic into all the other apps.

• Like 1

horstepipe

In the Fire and Android TV apps, no but I'm not sure we've gotten that logic into all the other apps.

Thanks

As admin, am I able to see which fire tv device counts to the limit and which does not (as the user made the one time payment)?

Thanks

As admin, am I able to see which fire tv device counts to the limit and which does not (as the user made the one time payment)?

Not at this time.  Explained here.

• 4 months later...

I'm using the fire tv stick with Emby app and am still on the trial period, is the app unlock fee for a month or forever?  I'm only interested in playback of my media to my Fire TV stick.

Thank you

neal560sl

I'm still on the trial period of my Eby app for Fire TV stick, and wondering if the app unlock fee is for a month or forever?  I only just learned of the app and it works amazingly well.  I only use it to watch my media on this one tv.

Thank you,

1 hour ago, neal560sl said:

if the app unlock fee is for a month or forever? 

Hi.  The App unlock is forever for this app on a device using the same Amazon account.

Thanks.