Inconsistant Guide Data

dranderson402
Go to solution Solved by dranderson402,

dranderson402

I'm noticing a small problem with the guide data. I have Big Brother set to record. I'm noticing that the recordings are being placed in two different folders. Some shows go to a folder named Big Brother while others go to Big Brother (2000). The show is on 3 days a week and it seems to be changing folders every 1 or 2 shows. Unfortunately I haven't written down the pattern as I just keep moving the files from one folder to the folder with the latest recording. I can tell you that this past Wednesday's episode (s21e07) went to the "Big Brother" folder while last nights (s21e08) went to the "Big Brother (2000)" folder. I believe the both episodes 5 and 6 went to the "Big Brother" folder, I just don't remember for sure.

I'm using the USA OTA data. I've also noticed this happening a few times for another show called The Code.

Edited by dranderson402

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server server log from the time of the recording that got placed in the folder without the year? thanks.

dranderson402

Here is the log from the day Big Brother recorded and put the file in the "Big Brother" folder without the date.

FYI, I have to recording set to end 60 minutes late due to sports and other events sometimes running over. The recording should have started at 8pm, or a minute early as it's set.

embyserver-63698400026.txt

SHSPVR

Here is the log from the day Big Brother recorded and put the file in the "Big Brother" folder without the date.

FYI, I have to recording set to end 60 minutes late due to sports and other events sometimes running over. The recording should have started at 8pm, or a minute early as it's set.

There nothing they can do as problem is coming from EPG provider and where they get it from which is incomplete data, I saw same problem on SageTV, NextPVR and yes even EMBY but not local off air EPG from offline server

Do like I do just move it to right folder and season folder and del that folder it auto check it on next scan or do manual rescan

dranderson402

There nothing they can do as problem is coming from EPG provider and where they get it from which is incomplete data, I saw same problem on SageTV, NextPVR and yes even EMBY but not local off air EPG from offline server

Do like I do just move it to right folder and season folder and del that folder it auto check it on next scan or do manual rescan

I thought it would be the provider. I've been moving the old files to the new folder thinking something in the guide data changed. Guess I'll just use the original folder and move things as you suggest.

Actually there is something we can do. If the guide data includes the zap2it id, then we use that to lookup the series on tvdb and try to determine the series year.

This is already in the 4.1 server release that you have now but it's improved in the upcoming 4.2 release.

For now I would just merge the folders manually and then run a library scan. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

dranderson402

Thanks Luke. I'll merge the folders and patiently await the next release.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
dranderson402

Actually there is something we can do. If the guide data includes the zap2it id, then we use that to lookup the series on tvdb and try to determine the series year.

This is already in the 4.1 server release that you have now but it's improved in the upcoming 4.2 release.

For now I would just merge the folders manually and then run a library scan. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Now that the fall season has started, I've noticed 3 different shows, on 3 different channels all saved their recordings to a folder without the year. Last week they all saved to a folder with the year. I am running the latest 4.2 version but whatever improvments you were referring to doesn't seem much better. Is there any plans to make things better in the next version? I'm thinking of resubscribing to schedules direct for now, unless that option is slated for removal.

SHSPVR

Now that the fall season has started, I've noticed 3 different shows, on 3 different channels all saved their recordings to a folder without the year. Last week they all saved to a folder with the year. I am running the latest 4.2 version but whatever improvments you were referring to doesn't seem much better. Is there any plans to make things better in the next version? I'm thinking of resubscribing to schedules direct for now, unless that option is slated for removal.

Yup that nothing new and not just there guide as I'm sure will still show on schedules direct to being they get same epg data from same place I think

Can we look at an example? thanks.

dranderson402

Can we look at an example? thanks.

Just last nights? Not sure if last week's logs are still there.

Just last nights? Not sure if last week's logs are still there.

Whatever the latest one that you have is. Thanks.

dranderson402

Here is the log from last night's recordings. The shows are as follows.

The Resident at 19:00 on 44.2

NCIS at 19:00 on 44.1

This is Us at 20:00 on 14.1

All of these shows put the recordings in a folder without the year.

Last week these 3 shows put their recordings in folders that included the year.

embyserver-63705571200.zip

Here is the log from last night's recordings. The shows are as follows.

The Resident at 19:00 on 44.2

NCIS at 19:00 on 44.1

This is Us at 20:00 on 14.1

All of these shows put the recordings in a folder without the year.

Last week these 3 shows put their recordings in folders that included the year.

The issue is tvdb sending back forbidden responses:

2019-10-01 20:00:05.080 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/311714/all/en.zip
2019-10-01 20:00:05.183 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.1.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Emby/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Forbidden
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String saveAsMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(Dictionary`2 seriesProviderIds, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I'm not sure why but I'm not seeing that now in my own testing. 

But this is an example of something that could prevent us from being able to determine the series year.

The Conners 7:00pm last night add the log

There where other from last week that really tick me more then any thing is Motor Week which is listed as 1987 when should be 1981

Unfortunately tvdb does not send back the FirstAired for this series. Notice that it's empty:

<Series>
  <id>349358</id>
  <Actors>|Emma Kenney|Michael Fishman|Lecy Goranson|Laurie Metcalf|Sara Gilbert|John Goodman|</Actors>
  <Airs_DayOfWeek>Tuesday</Airs_DayOfWeek>
  <Airs_Time>8:00 PM</Airs_Time>
  <ContentRating>TV-PG</ContentRating>
  <FirstAired></FirstAired>
  <Genre>|Comedy|</Genre>
  <IMDB_ID>tt8595140</IMDB_ID>
  <Language>en</Language>
  <Network>ABC (US)</Network>
  <NetworkID></NetworkID>
  <Overview>After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before.</Overview>
  <Rating></Rating>
  <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
  <Runtime>25</Runtime>
  <SeriesID></SeriesID>
  <SeriesName>The Conners</SeriesName>
  <Status>Continuing</Status>
  <added>2018-06-21 17:54:25</added>
  <addedBy>504596</addedBy>
  <banner>graphical/5d84dc02aa823.jpg</banner>
  <fanart>fanart/original/5d85c242dd00f.jpg</fanart>
  <finale_aired>2019-10-15</finale_aired>
  <lastupdated>1570034887</lastupdated>
  <lastupdated_detail>Add an episode</lastupdated_detail>
  <poster>posters/5d8d271a9d250.jpg</poster>
  <slug>the-conners</slug>
  <tms_wanted_old>0</tms_wanted_old>
  <top_series>1</top_series>
  <zap2it_id>SH02996070</zap2it_id>
</Series>

Unfortunately tvdb does not send back the FirstAired for this series. Notice that it's empty:

<Series>
  <id>349358</id>
  <Actors>|Emma Kenney|Michael Fishman|Lecy Goranson|Laurie Metcalf|Sara Gilbert|John Goodman|</Actors>
  <Airs_DayOfWeek>Tuesday</Airs_DayOfWeek>
  <Airs_Time>8:00 PM</Airs_Time>
  <ContentRating>TV-PG</ContentRating>
  <FirstAired></FirstAired>
  <Genre>|Comedy|</Genre>
  <IMDB_ID>tt8595140</IMDB_ID>
  <Language>en</Language>
  <Network>ABC (US)</Network>
  <NetworkID></NetworkID>
  <Overview>After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before.</Overview>
  <Rating></Rating>
  <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
  <Runtime>25</Runtime>
  <SeriesID></SeriesID>
  <SeriesName>The Conners</SeriesName>
  <Status>Continuing</Status>
  <added>2018-06-21 17:54:25</added>
  <addedBy>504596</addedBy>
  <banner>graphical/5d84dc02aa823.jpg</banner>
  <fanart>fanart/original/5d85c242dd00f.jpg</fanart>
  <finale_aired>2019-10-15</finale_aired>
  <lastupdated>1570034887</lastupdated>
  <lastupdated_detail>Add an episode</lastupdated_detail>
  <poster>posters/5d8d271a9d250.jpg</poster>
  <slug>the-conners</slug>
  <tms_wanted_old>0</tms_wanted_old>
  <top_series>1</top_series>
  <zap2it_id>SH02996070</zap2it_id>
</Series>

I pushed an update to the tvdb plugin to try and get the series year using episode level metadata when the series date from tvdb is empty.

SHSPVR

I pushed an update to the tvdb plugin to try and get the series year using episode level metadata when the series date from tvdb is empty.

Is looking for first aired ?

dranderson402

The issue is tvdb sending back forbidden responses:

2019-10-01 20:00:05.080 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/311714/all/en.zip
2019-10-01 20:00:05.183 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.1.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/Emby/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\Emby\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Forbidden
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String saveAsMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(Dictionary`2 seriesProviderIds, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(SeriesInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I'm not sure why but I'm not seeing that now in my own testing. 

But this is an example of something that could prevent us from being able to determine the series year.

Would it be better to just let series recordings just put the recordings in the show's folder without the year? That way if the year is missing then the recordings still only go to one folder. If a show is misidentified then it can be manually corrected in the metadata manager.

Also, fyi, 5 shows I recorded last night all went to folders without the year where last week they did. I checked the log and I have the same tvdb forbidden log entries. In fact, I see them throughout yesterday's log at times other than the recording times. I've included yesterday's log for reference. Wondering if maybe I'm getting forbidden messages for too many consecutive connections or something.

embyserver-63705657603.zip

dranderson402

I just notice the tvdb plugin attempted to install but failed. When I click on the ! icon all it tells me is Forbidden.

SHSPVR

Would it be better to just let series recordings just put the recordings in the show's folder without the year? That way if the year is missing then the recordings still only go to one folder. If a show is misidentified then it can be manually corrected in the metadata manager.

Also, fyi, 5 shows I recorded last night all went to folders without the year where last week they did. I checked the log and I have the same tvdb forbidden log entries. In fact, I see them throughout yesterday's log at times other than the recording times. I've included yesterday's log for reference. Wondering if maybe I'm getting forbidden messages for too many consecutive connections or something.

No take MacGyver 1985 and 2016

dranderson402

The plugin update successfully installed overnight. Hopefully this will solve the problem of the missing year. I looked back at what was being pulled from tvdb and noticed firstaired was blank at the series level for many of the shows I record but the episode has an entry for firstaired. So I can see how this should help. However, I still have several shows that put recordings in folders without the year, so if this works I'll have to move those to the new folder with the year.

Thanks for the hard work and attention to this problem.

• Solution
dranderson402

The TVDB update to pull the year from the episode level appears to be working so far. I had 3 new shows record last night that was putting them in folders without the year and now they are in a folder with the year. Time will tell for sure, but I see this as working.

• Like 1