#1 echoxxzz OFFLINE  

echoxxzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Local time: 10:38 PM
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

I've noticed that when I'm viewing the Dashboard on Emby Server 4.2.0.27 that the sessions that are being transcoded are not displaying it properly.

For example if I play a song on my cellphone that's has wi-fi turned off the FLAC song is definitely being transcoded as I can see the transcoded log file but on the Emby Server dashboard it says Direct Play.

Also I've noticed that when I'm playing a movie that instead of showing the overall transcoding speed it's only showing the audio bitrate as there is no way I can be playing a 1080p movie at 384kbps.

This definitely used to work perfectly and overall it's not presenting a playback problem just a minor display bug.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138261 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Hi there, can you please go over a video playback example? I am not able to reproduce this. Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

#3 echoxxzz OFFLINE  

echoxxzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

Here is the screen print from my dashboard along with the server and transcode logs showing that the music file was definitely being transcoded even though the dashboard says it's using Direct Play.

5d2e0ffebfb17_Capture.png

Attached Files

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138261 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:43 PM

can you please go over a video playback example? thanks.

#5 echoxxzz OFFLINE  

echoxxzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

I can't seem to reproduce the problem with a video at this time. I do know that it was only happening when the client was outside my local LAN and was using Auto for the playback speed using a web browser (Safari on a Mac or iPad mostly). If I had my family member force a better playback speed in their browser session or if they switched to an Emby app it worked better and playback speed was dramatically increased without any stuttering. It's possible that the dashboard was properly reporting the transcoding speed and it just appeared terrible because the browser session was using Auto playback speed. At this time all I can reliable reproduce is the display issue transcoding FLAC files.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138261 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the info.

#7 Floflobel OFFLINE  

Floflobel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • Local time: 04:38 AM

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:52 PM

I have the same problem on movies with some users. I will monitor to bring more information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users